Emma Amos: The Story of the Postmodernist African-American ArtistNovember 18, 2020
Emma Amos is a great example of how a female, black artist can effect change and become someone in a racist and sexist time. On May 20th, 2020, Amos left us at the age of 83. We want...
Book Review: Frida Kahlo’s Unimaginable LifeNovember 17, 2020
Fridamania is contagious. Reading the Frida Kahlo book written by Hettie Judah almost drags us to the brink of melancholic stroke despite being armed by detachment. Although the story has been adapted and retold several times, the diverse emotionally...
Tina Modotti: Photographer Made RevolutionaryNovember 17, 2020
Her biography is a ready-made storyline for a movie (Hollywood, do you hear me?). In the end, how many of us are poor workers who make an acting career in Hollywood, who then become photographers who later turn...
The Vibrant Paintings of Henrietta BerkNovember 16, 2020
Born in Wichita, Kansas, Henrietta Berk (1919-1990) was known for painting in bold and bright colors. She moved to San Francisco with her family when she was very young. Berk studied at the San Francisco State College and...
Michael West, Woman Artist Excluded from the Ab-E GangNovember 12, 2020
The American art world in the era of the post war boom of Abstract Expressionism was definitely male-oriented. And the career of Corinne Michelle (Michael) West was its victim. She could have been famous. But she was a...
Pollen, Purity and Patience: A journey of creation with Wolfgang LaibNovember 11, 2020
Wolfgang Laib (born 1950) is a contemporary German sculptor. He works with natural materials that emanate life energies: milk, pollen, rice and beeswax along with wood, stone and brass to create large- scale, site-specific installations. Laib is deeply...
- Léon Spilliaert: The Longing Behind the Symbolism
- Kiyohara Yukinobu: Sublime Female Painter of the Kano School
- Stendhal Syndrome – The Art Fans Sickness
- Everything You Must Know About Suprematism and Kazimir Malevich
- DailyArt Magazine Turns Four! Our Impressions of the Impressionists
- Visit in Madrid or Online: The Thyssen-Bornemisza National Museum
- The Art Of Thanksgiving By Norman Rockwell
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- The Best Autumn Foods in Still-Life Paintings
- 8 Paintings For Thanksgiving That Will Warm Your Heart