Stories By Hannah Demaine
AE Russell’s Visions of IrelandJanuary 17, 2020
George William Russell, known as AE, painted the spirits and visions he had seen since childhood. His Irish landscapes are topographically familiar, but juxtaposed with fairyland qualities. Russell’s paintings glow with light and soft colors, which...
An Ode to Autumn with John Everett MillaisNovember 2, 2019
Autumn weather can be unpredictable. Some days the earth looks cut out of crystal; the sky is a milky blue, and the sunlight is sparkling and golden. Yet the very next morning all might be blanketed...
Open to Influences – Arthur Hacker and his Mary with Many QualitiesOctober 12, 2019
Arthur Hacker was a painter of the late Victorian era. Painting a spectrum of subjects, everything from society portraiture, classical, religious and mythological works, to scenes of peasant life and landscape. His style is too ambiguous...
Painting of the Week: Stanley Spencer, View from Cookham BridgeSeptember 22, 2019
Stanley Spencer described the village of Cookham, as a ‘village in heaven’. In his unique paintings Spencer often intertwined Cookham with his spiritual visions. Biblical events are re-enacted against the backdrop of the quaint, chocolate box...
- Painting of the Week: Nicolas Maes, Young Woman Peeling Apples
- The Sad Story Of Vincent Van Gogh And His Lovers
- The Sound Of Colour: Music Inspired By Visual Art – A Top 10
- Brief Story of Claude Monet’s Garden in Giverny
- Paula Modersohn-Becker: The Unknown Expressionist
- Best Vermeer’s Forger And His Fakes
- The Erotic Drawings of Francesco Hayez [+18]
- Murder on the Canvas: How artists portray the ultimate taboo
- The Mystery of Vincent Van Gogh’s Death
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)