Stories By Elizaveta Ermakova
Mona Lisa at the Battlefield: the History of Saving Art During World War IIJuly 3, 2020
During walks through the halls of museums, few people think about how these art masterpieces were not always in their place. In turbulent war years, art, like the civilian population, had to be evacuated. How was...
Sotheby’s 1988 Auction. A Turning Point for Unofficial Moscow ArtistsJune 27, 2020
Perestroika and reforms of Mikhail Gorbachev affected all spheres of life in Russia. As a result, unofficial artists in Moscow felt the full influence of this complicated yet rewarding period. A colossal number of artists, previously...
Art State of Mind
You’ve Got Mail! Read the Personal Letters of Great ArtistsMay 16, 2020
Do you ever look at a work of art and wonder, how does the person behind it think? We always want to feel closer to the artists we admire. That is why we visit the places...
Florence Welch – Perfect Model for the Pre-Raphaelite BrotherhoodApril 25, 2020
We all know Florence Welch, the leader of indie-rock band Florence+the machine. And if you don’t, I suggest you find her cosmic music right now and open a whole new amazing world! Florence herself seems to...
Museums And Exhibitions
Best Moments of Apple’s Hermitage Museum JourneyApril 21, 2020
The Apple company recently presented a film that was shot within the State Hermitage Museum in Saint-Petersburg. It shows 45 halls and 600 works of art. And you can see the best moments of Apple’s Hermitage...
Once Upon a Time in Moscow: Pertsov’s House, a Russian Terem Amidst Modern BuildingsMarch 20, 2020
This building from the art-nouveau era is a sight for sore eyes! Pertsov’s house is an interesting example of Russian classical folk influences combined with 20th century architecture. Pertsov’s Apartment House is one of the most...
- Coffee, Tea, Beer… Drinks in Art for All Tastes!
- 10 Best Portraits Of Édouard Manet
- The Orientalism of Eugène Delacroix – Beware of the Colors!
- Here Comes the Sun… Sunrises for Hope in Art
- Lesbian Love and Sex in Art History
- Ardhanarishvara – Androgynous Portrayal of Shiva and Parvati
- Artists’ Beloved Travel Destinations as Seen Through Their Art
- Cute Babies in Art: From Rubens to Cassatt
- A Capri Romance: John Singer Sargent and Rosina Fererra
- Julia Margaret Cameron. The Queen of Pre-Raphaelite Photography