Stories By James W Singer
Painting of the Week: Jean-Antoine Watteau, Pilgrimage to the Isle of CytheraSeptember 15, 2019
Jean-Antoine Watteau (1684 – 1721) was the most influential French painter of the 18th century. His painting Pilgrimage to the Isle of Cythera captures the frivolity and sensuousness of Rococo painting, but it also captures the...
Painting of the Week: François Boucher, Madame de PompadourSeptember 1, 2019
François Boucher (1703 – 1770) was the most celebrated French painter of the 18th century. His painting Madame de Pompadour captures the beautiful mistress of King Louis XV. She is at the height of her courtly...
- 15 Things You May Not Know About The Night Watch by Rembrandt
- Crash Course in Impressionism – Courtauld Impressionists: From Manet to Cézanne
- The Wounded Angel By Hugo Simberg
- 8 Things Everyone Should Know About Joaquin Sorolla
- Everything You Must Know About Suprematism and Kazimir Malevich
- Not All There – The Enigmatic Sculptures Of Bruno Catalano
- The Dystopian Surrealism of Zdzislaw Beksinski
- Van Gogh’s Sunflowers at the Van Gogh Museum
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)