Stories By Urvi Chheda
Company School – Transition to Indian Modern ArtNovember 7, 2019
Painting in rich Mughal and Rajput styles, the court painters shifted their renderings to the demanded adjustments of British East India Company thereby having projected a palpable change in the map of Indian art. The shift...
Five Indian Modern SculptorsSeptember 7, 2019
Modernism in India did straddle, sneaking lopsided avenue from the ancient to the present. The post-colonial art is typically mentioned as Modern art because many Indian artists had begun their sojourn of westernised abstract expressionism. India...
Stunning Abstracts by Seven Indian Modern PaintersAugust 2, 2019
It was the early 20th century when Modernism spread its wings in India owing to the introduction-exposure through various European artists. The exchange had already inspired the artists to experiment and delve deeper into their conscience...
- 15 Cats in Art History Every Cat Lover Would Love
- Halloween in Hell: Dante and Virgil
- Remembrance Day Poppies in Painting
- Hey Boy, Hey Girl: Bacchus by Caravaggio
- 6 Rooms from Famous Paintings Brought to Real Life
- Famous Painters and Their Children
- Painting of the Week: Claude Monet, Meules
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Guggenheim: The Thannhauser Collection from van Gogh to Picasso at Palazzo Reale