Stories By Urvi Chheda
Company School – Transition to Indian Modern ArtNovember 7, 2019
Painting in rich Mughal and Rajput styles, the court painters shifted their renderings to the demanded adjustments of British East India Company thereby having projected a palpable change in the map of Indian art. The shift...
Five Indian Modern SculptorsSeptember 7, 2019
Modernism in India did straddle, sneaking lopsided avenue from the ancient to the present. The post-colonial art is typically mentioned as Modern art because many Indian artists had begun their sojourn of westernised abstract expressionism. India...
Stunning Abstracts by Seven Indian Modern PaintersAugust 2, 2019
It was the early 20th century when Modernism spread its wings in India owing to the introduction-exposure through various European artists. The exchange had already inspired the artists to experiment and delve deeper into their conscience...
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- 10 Best Movies Related to Art for Time Spent in Quarantine
- 10 Art Masterpieces to Calm Your Anxiety
- Japanese Woodblock Prints Ukiyo-e With Snow And Winter
- Mary Cassatt’s Feminist Mural Which Has Gone Lost
- The Best Art Videos for the Age of Quarantine
- 10 Female Artists Forgotten By Art History
- The Best of the Best Museums to Visit Virtually on Lockdown (Constantly Updated)
- Titian’s Metamorphoses
- 15 Artsy Books to Read During Self-Quarantine