Stories By Urvi Chheda
Company School – Transition to Indian Modern ArtNovember 7, 2019
Painting in rich Mughal and Rajput styles, the court painters shifted their renderings to the demanded adjustments of British East India Company thereby having projected a palpable change in the map of Indian art. The shift...
Five Indian Modern SculptorsSeptember 7, 2019
Modernism in India did straddle, sneaking lopsided avenue from the ancient to the present. The post-colonial art is typically mentioned as Modern art because many Indian artists had begun their sojourn of westernised abstract expressionism. India...
Stunning Abstracts by Seven Indian Modern PaintersAugust 2, 2019
It was the early 20th century when Modernism spread its wings in India owing to the introduction-exposure through various European artists. The exchange had already inspired the artists to experiment and delve deeper into their conscience...
- Julie Manet – the Beauty of Impressionism
- The Dystopian Surrealism of Zdzislaw Beksinski
- The Gift of Pomona – Pears in Art
- Representation vs Reality: Artists Portrayed in Midnight in Paris. Part I
- Aftermath: Art in the Wake of World War One
- Mantegna and Bellini – Brothers in Art?
- 15 Must-See Art Exhibitions in 2020
- Everything You Should Know About Orientalism
- The Festival of Diwali Through Art
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)