Stories By Marija Canjuga
Bodies And Erotic Art
Lesbian Love and Sex in Art HistoryJune 30, 2020
Lesbian love and sex is an often hidden part of humanity. Furthermore, it seems like it was always so. However, there are few examples from the earliest times of history which show it is a part...
Art State of Mind
10 Cocktails Inspired by Art for Artsy DrinkingJune 12, 2020
Most of us have now plenty of time to take some “me time” and enjoy a long bubble bath, read a good book, work out, or perhaps just contemplate the works of our favorite artists. However,...
Earthquakes and Art. The Story of the Zagreb Art PavilionApril 2, 2020
On Sunday, March 22nd, early in the morning a 5.3 magnitude earthquake hit the Croatian capital. People lost their homes and their workplaces. Furthermore, many museums and art galleries suffered great damage. To depict the cultural...
Balkan Female Artists You Didn’t Know About and You ShouldMarch 31, 2020
There are never enough stories about talented women. So, inspired by a women’s art exhibition in the Art Pavilion in Zagreb, I picked a few artworks that amazed me. The exhibition focused on the Balkan female...
Art State of Mind
Pharmacy Museums: Houses of OdditiesFebruary 27, 2020
A pharmacy is a very weird kind of shop. It has your favorite skin creams and food supplements. They also carry medicines for the flu, blood pressure, and other illnesses. Pharmacies have been around for a...
Jane Morris. A Pre-Raphaelite Muse and ArtistFebruary 8, 2020
Jane Morris (1839–1914) was an English embroiderer and artists’ model who embodied the Pre-Raphaelite ideal of beauty. She was a model and muse to her husband William Morris and Dante Gabriel Rossetti. The Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood Three...
Welcoming the Twenties with Tamara de LempickaDecember 31, 2019
Today I am taking you to a New Year’s Eve party. This year, like every year, we hope that the year coming will be better. But hearing that the twenties are coming somehow the picture of...
- Coffee, Tea, Beer… Drinks in Art for All Tastes!
- 10 Best Portraits Of Édouard Manet
- The Orientalism of Eugène Delacroix – Beware of the Colors!
- Here Comes the Sun… Sunrises for Hope in Art
- Lesbian Love and Sex in Art History
- Ardhanarishvara – Androgynous Portrayal of Shiva and Parvati
- Artists’ Beloved Travel Destinations as Seen Through Their Art
- Cute Babies in Art: From Rubens to Cassatt
- A Capri Romance: John Singer Sargent and Rosina Fererra
- Julia Margaret Cameron. The Queen of Pre-Raphaelite Photography