Stories By Marija Canjuga
Earthquakes and Art. The Story of the Zagreb Art PavilionApril 2, 2020
On Sunday, March 22nd, early in the morning a 5.3 magnitude earthquake hit the Croatian capital. People lost their homes and their workplaces. Furthermore, many museums and art galleries suffered great damage. To depict the cultural...
Balkan Female Artists You Didn’t Know About and You ShouldMarch 31, 2020
There are never enough stories about talented women. So, inspired by a women’s art exhibition in the Art Pavilion in Zagreb, I picked a few artworks that amazed me. The exhibition focused on the Balkan female...
Art State of Mind
Pharmacy Museums: Houses of OdditiesFebruary 27, 2020
A pharmacy is a very weird kind of shop. It has your favorite skin creams and food supplements. They also carry medicines for the flu, blood pressure, and other illnesses. Pharmacies have been around for a...
Jane Morris. A Pre-Raphaelite Muse and ArtistFebruary 8, 2020
Jane Morris (1839–1914) was an English embroiderer and artists’ model who embodied the Pre-Raphaelite ideal of beauty. She was a model and muse to her husband William Morris and Dante Gabriel Rossetti. The Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood Three...
Welcoming the Twenties with Tamara de LempickaDecember 31, 2019
Today I am taking you to a New Year’s Eve party. This year, like every year, we hope that the year coming will be better. But hearing that the twenties are coming somehow the picture of...
- 10 Facts about The Last Supper by Leonardo You Should Know
- Top 5 Zeus’ Lovers and Their Crazy Stories
- See a Man About a Dog. Dogs in Paintings
- This Post Is Only About Cheese. In Painting
- Plague in Art: 10 Paintings You Should Know in the Times of Coronavirus
- Lockdown Artsy Entertainment Toolkit
- Raphael – Renaissance Prince of Painters
- Mushroom Picking? The Tastiest Mushroom Art
- The Countryside in Art: from Idyllic Scenes to Social Issues
- Strawberry Paintings Forever