Tombs of Leonardo Bruni and Carlo Marsupini in the Florentine Santa Croce: Strikingly Similar or Substantially Different?June 14, 2021
In the 15th century, Florence underwent a cultural and artistic peak without parallel, architecture, painting, and sculpture were at their height. The list of outstanding sculptors who matured and created their artworks in Florence is almost endless, hence...
Contemporary Art. Made in China.June 14, 2021
Chinese art is booming. The country has been experiencing a major economic uplift for more than a decade and you can feel that in the art world too. China has more artists than ever, and they claim that...
The Masterpiece of the Week: Fallingwater by Frank Lloyd WrightJune 13, 2021
There are many iconic buildings, and it feels like more and more are being called that by the hour. But the list is a lot shorter if we only consider private houses perceived as iconic by the public....
10 Great Women Sculptors You Should KnowJune 12, 2021
Sculpture is a very impressive form of art, dating back to ancient times. Just like traditional painting, art history has acknowledged only male sculptors. However, that doesn’t mean that women haven’t made powerful statements through sculpture. As we...
A Texas Must See for Modern Art Fans: Rothko ChapelJune 11, 2021
The Rothko Chapel is a non-denominational chapel in Houston, Texas, founded by John and Dominique de Menil. It is definitely among the major works of modern art and is quite interesting architecturally, as it’s an octagon inscribed in...
The Influence of the Ford River Rouge Complex: Charles Sheeler and Michael KennaJune 11, 2021
How is it possible that a 1000 acre industrial site in Dearborn, Michigan, with ninety three buildings that include blast furnaces, mills, a glass plant, a power plant, an assembly line, one hundred miles of railroad track, and...
The Prismatic Glass Tiles of Frank Lloyd WrightJune 10, 2021
Early in his career, American architect Frank Lloyd Wright – the famous pioneer of the Prairie School style at the turn of the 20th century – experimented with a host of organic designs. He was a long way...
- 10 Times When Egon Schiele Mastered Hip Hop Hand Gestures
- How to Show Music in Paintings? Best Depictions of Music in Art
- 10 Female Artists Forgotten By Art History
- Painting of the Week: Claude Raguet Hirst, A Gentleman’s Table
- Mary Cassatt: The Story of the American Impressionist
- 10 Great Women Sculptors You Should Know
- The Masterpiece of the Week: Fallingwater by Frank Lloyd Wright
- 10 of the Most Famous Female Artist Self-Portraits
- The Most Important Day! Wedding Inspiration in Art
- True Tips for a Happier Life from the Miniatures of Reza Abbasi