Art Activist Barbie, When Playful Protests Indicate Gender Inequality in ArtApril 8, 2021
Art Activist Barbie has been showing up in museums and galleries for over three years, criticizing the male-dominated art world. Holding a lollipop stick, Art Activist Barbie uses small signs to ask big questions in fabulous outfits. That...
Celebrating Beauty and Horror: The Sculptures of Javier PérezMarch 24, 2021
Javier Pérez is a postwar contemporary multimedia artist. He does performance art, photography, and sculpture. His ideas move in a circular motive, reflecting on mortality, light, and darkness, metamorphosis, stability and fragility. Specifically, his sculptures are quite haunting...
Lace on the Wall – NeSpoon’s Street ArtMarch 13, 2021
NeSpoon is a street artist who combines ceramics, lace, and graffiti in her work. She travels the world and decorates old buildings or run-down street corners with her characteristic crochet-patterned murals and pottery panels. But what does NeSpoon‘s...
This Is What the Art World Looks LikeMarch 11, 2021
Book Review: "We Are Here - Visionaries of Color Transforming the Art World" and Interview with the author Jasmin Hernandez, Founder of Gallery Gurls
Meet the Ukrainian Railroad LadiesMarch 9, 2021
Every once in a while there appears a piece of news describing a quirky, unknown, or forgotten occupation. Sometimes it’s the lightkeepers in a historical lighthouse, while other times it is whale watchers or remote house guardians. But...
The Most Iconic Sculptures by Richard SerraFebruary 22, 2021
Richard Serra is an American artist and sculptor involved in the Process Art Movement. He often constructs site-specific installations, made out of fiberglass, rubber, and most frequently steel on a scale that dwarfs the observer. His site-specific works challenge...
- Vermeer’s Desperate Housewives
- 10 Most Beautiful Artistic Flower Arrangements for Spring
- Erna Rosenstein. Surrealist in the Country Where Surrealism Didn’t Exist
- What I Found in the Museum Of Bad Art
- The Sacred Cats of Ancient Egypt
- Henry Ossawa Tanner – African-American Artistic Pioneer
- Explore the Unknown World of Klimt’s Landscapes
- The Prime Minister’s Art: Landscapes of Winston Churchill
- Brief Story of Claude Monet’s Garden in Giverny
- Arenig School. Wild Bohemians and Welsh Mountains