Stories By Camilla de Laurentis
VIPs… or VICs (Very Important Colors)? Iconic Hues in Art HistoryJuly 11, 2020
Every person probably dreams of leaving a legacy to the world. For artists this is a central goal and they try to do it through their masterpieces of course. Some people even went further though… They...
Art State of Mind
Seven Books About Art for Holiday ChillJune 22, 2020
Holiday time but not sure if you can afford to travel? Or do you just need something to help forget about social distancing while relaxing somewhere and not being at work? Whatever you are looking for,...
Art State of Mind
Apocalypse Now – Not at the Movies but in ArtMay 20, 2020
Recently, in the majority of countries all over the world, people felt like they were “in the middle of the Apocalypse”. Why does everyone naturally associate that word with the feeling of living in a huge...
Mona Lisa’s IllnessesMay 2, 2020
Everyone has heard about the Mona Lisa, Leonardo da Vinci’s masterpiece at the Louvre museum in Paris. But you have probably never heard about… her illnesses! Doctors sometimes try to make a medical diagnosis of the...
A Tribute to Medical Services: Doctors in PaintingsApril 18, 2020
In the last weeks, we have heard a lot about doctors and healthcare workers, thinking of them as present-day heroes facing up to death. But what do they usually do in everyday life? This journey will...
- Mothers in Art: DailyArt’s Celebration of Mother’s Day
- Giovanna Garzoni – A Baroque Painter Inspires an Art Challenge
- How To Do 21st Century Grand Tour according to Mr. Bacchus
- Six Exquisite Mother-of-Pearl Artifacts from Gujarat
- The Pre-Raphaelites and the Wombat
- Art History 101: Twelve Portraits You Should Know
- 5 Artists Who Likely Suffered From Syphilis
- Four Women Impressionists You Shouldn’t Forget
- Käthe Kollwitz: Germany’s Greatest Female Artist
- The Dreamlike, Queer Femme Paintings of Marie Laurencin