Stories By Errika Gerakiti
The Majestic Art of Alexander McQueenNovember 14, 2019
A Champagne Supernova, as Maureen Callahan calls him in her book, Alexander McQueen, was a pioneer of the 90s fashion. Along with Marc Jacobs, he was one of the most influential designers of the industry, remembered for...
Art State of Mind
The Art in Friends TV SeriesOctober 29, 2019
Who doesn’t love Friends? Without a doubt, it is one of the most watched and most loved TV series in history. We all know about this group of best buds and their hangout spot, Central Perk....
The Artistic Inspiration of BalenciagaOctober 15, 2019
Cristóbal Balenciaga was the “Master of us all,” as Christian Dior said, and a “couturier in the truest sense of the word,” according to Coco Chanel. The world was devasted when he passed away in 1972....
Art State of Mind
The Anti-Painting of Joan MiróSeptember 28, 2019
Joan Miró is an artist very difficult to categorize. In general, he is considered to be a surrealist. However, his works show a great diversity that goes beyond Surrealism, Dadaism and Fauvism. Some pieces remind us...
The Dystopian Surrealism of Zdzislaw BeksinskiSeptember 11, 2019
There are many fans of gruesome and gore art who are attracted to the dystopian surrealism of Zdzisław Beksiński. After all, he created such a gothic, haunting and stressful ambience in his paintings, making it hard...
10 Most Famous Rayographs of Man RayAugust 27, 2019
Man Ray is one of the most famous artists of the 20th century and today is his birthday! On this occasion let’s have a look at his famous rayographs. There have been many articles and features...
TAKIS: the Greek Genius that Altered the Course of Post-war SculptureAugust 15, 2019
After Takis’ passing away on 9 August 2019, and with his largest exhibition yet in the UK at Tate, it is important to know about the great Greek artist who changed everything about the way we...
- 15 Cats in Art History Every Cat Lover Would Love
- Halloween in Hell: Dante and Virgil
- Remembrance Day Poppies in Painting
- Hey Boy, Hey Girl: Bacchus by Caravaggio
- 6 Rooms from Famous Paintings Brought to Real Life
- Famous Painters and Their Children
- Painting of the Week: Claude Monet, Meules
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Guggenheim: The Thannhauser Collection from van Gogh to Picasso at Palazzo Reale