Stories By Vithória Konzen Dill
All You Need to Know About the Lascaux CaveSeptember 23, 2021
Located in southern France, the Lascaux Cave houses some of the most famous prehistoric cave paintings, dating to approximately 15,000 BCE. The cave contains nearly 1,500 engravings, and around 600 representations of animals, such as deer,...
5 Things You Should Know About Michaelina WautierAugust 20, 2021
Michaelina Wautier was born in Mons in 1604. This Flemish painter has been absent in art history for many years, but her life and work are slowly being rediscovered. She was introduced to the general public...
Everything You Need to Know About Plautilla NelliAugust 2, 2021
Sister Plautilla was a Florentine nun and artist who lived in 16th century Italy. After centuries of neglect, her work is finally being rediscovered, and she is the earliest known female painter from Florence. In the...
Modernism in Brazil: One Week That Has Changed It AllJuly 29, 2021
In 1922, the Semana de Arte Moderna (Modern Art Week) was held in Brazil. Marking the official beginning of Modernism in Brazil, the event lasted an entire week. From February 11th to 18th, modern tendencies of...
- The Summer Feels So Far Away! – Ten Beaches in Art
- How to Show Music in Paintings? Best Depictions of Music in Art
- How Galileo Galilei Changed the Moon Forever
- Music and Art: Tanto Bravura!
- Gustav Klimt’s Lost and Found Viennese Beauty – Lady with Fan
- All You Need to Know About the Lascaux Cave
- Alphonse Mucha: Art Nouveau Visionary at North Carolina Museum of Art
- Paintings in the Movie “The Accountant”
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Masterpiece of the Week: Eugène Boudin, Trouville, Jetties, High Tide