Stories By Abreeza Thomas
Beirut’s Art Scene: Before the Blast and NowSeptember 10, 2020
It was only three years ago, after a long civil war, that Beirut’s art scene began to find its feet. Despite ever-present political corruption, an unsteady economy, and rising inflation, the Mediterranean city has recently become...
Royal Portraits: The Art of ImageAugust 16, 2020
Shakespeare once wrote, “What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.” For monarchs throughout history, the importance of their name went hand-in-hand with their image. How...
10 Things You Should Know About the Pre-RaphaelitesJune 16, 2020
Just about all of us have a tiny inkling about Impressionism, the Renaissance, maybe even Expressionism and what makes each movement different from the other. However, when it comes to the Pre-Raphaelites most people, including myself,...
Art State of Mind
Cook Like an Artist! Kitchen Inspiration from Art HistoryJune 9, 2020
For hundreds of years, kitchens in art were the undesirable work place of unsavory maids, tucked away below the luxurious living spaces of the upper class. During the mid-16th century, Northern Renaissance artists, such as Pieter...
The Art of Adolf Hitler: Idyllic Paintings of a MonsterMay 27, 2020
Adolf Hitler is one of history’s most infamous dictators. After coming to power as Führer of Nazi Germany, he and his followers were responsible for the deaths of millions, not to mention the world’s greatest mass...
Edgar Degas and New Orleans’ PaintingsMay 6, 2020
Just about everyone has heard of “the painter of dancers,” Edgar Degas. However, the paintings Degas created in modern America’s favorite party capital, New Orleans, are commonly overlooked. In his five months abroad, Degas captured endearing...
- Edgar Degas and His Most Beautiful Ballerinas
- HERE: Black in Rembrandt’s Time. Rembrandthuis Decolonizes
- Fifty Shades of Dr. Pozzi
- Botero and His Characteristic Chubby Style: Boterism
- Where Is Van Gogh’s Biggest Art Collection Outside of Amsterdam? In the Kröller-Müller Museum!
- Painting of the Week: Firs Zhuravlev, A Fashionista Wife
- Autumn Moon in Japanese Woodblock Prints
- Allegories of Autumn – A Top Ten of Sensational Symbolic Artworks
- The Louvre Pyramid and 5 Other Art Museums Designed by Ieoh Ming Pei
- Famous Autumn Paintings Created by Famous Artists
- The Forgotten Couturier Elsa Schiaparelli: Surrealism, Art and Revolutionary Fashion
- Traversing the Unseen: Interview with Multi-Media Artist Sara Osebold
- Frida Kahlo And The Symbolism In Her Art
- Kyra Nijinsky: Portrait of a Dancer
- “They Are Black Because I’m Not White” Portraits By Lynette Yiadom-Boakye