Stories By Jennifer S. Musawwir
Bodies And Erotic Art
Body in the Art of David Hammons and Laura AguilarApril 21, 2021
David Hammons: Body Prints, 1968-1979, at The Drawing Center (closes May 23) and Laura Aguilar: Show and Tell at the Leslie-Lohman Museum of Art (closes June 27) are currently on view at institutions just steps away...
This Is What the Art World Looks LikeMarch 11, 2021
Book Review: "We Are Here - Visionaries of Color Transforming the Art World" and Interview with the author Jasmin Hernandez, Founder of Gallery Gurls
Guerrilla Girls, Inc. – 35 Years and CountingDecember 9, 2020
Here’s a look at the Guerrilla Girls’ feminist interventions that have kept the art world on its toes in honor of their most recent publication.
Escape to Dia Beacon, New YorkNovember 3, 2020
The Dia Art Fountain in Beacon, New York was permitted to welcome visitors back in August, several weeks ahead of museums in New York City. Timed ticketed entry to minimize the traffic inside the gallery spaces,...
Luchita Hurtado: Art and Life Over a CenturySeptember 6, 2020
Luchita Hurtado (November 28, 1920 – August 13, 2020) was an artist, photographer, poet, environmentalist, activist, feminist, fashion designer, and so much more over the course of a lifetime that spanned a century. Hurtado was born...
- Vermeer’s Desperate Housewives
- 10 Most Beautiful Artistic Flower Arrangements for Spring
- Erna Rosenstein. Surrealist in the Country Where Surrealism Didn’t Exist
- The Art of Domesticity: Art Inspired by the Home
- The Sacred Cats of Ancient Egypt
- What I Found in the Museum Of Bad Art
- Henry Ossawa Tanner – African-American Artistic Pioneer
- Explore the Unknown World of Klimt’s Landscapes
- The Prime Minister’s Art: Landscapes of Winston Churchill
- Arenig School. Wild Bohemians and Welsh Mountains