Stories By Jennifer S. Musawwir
Shahzia Sikander – An Extraordinary Past in Present TimeJuly 21, 2021
Exhibition review of "Shahzia Sikander: Extraordinary Realities" at the Morgan Library and Museum, New York, USA (June 18 - September 26, 2021)
New York City Art Triennial 2021: Do We Dream Together? Are We Fine?June 15, 2021
Exhibition review of the Asia Society Triennial: We Do Not Dream Alone and El Museo del Barrio's Estamos Bien - la Trienal 20/21
Bodies And Erotic Art
Body in the Art of David Hammons and Laura AguilarApril 21, 2021
David Hammons: Body Prints, 1968-1979, at The Drawing Center (closes May 23) and Laura Aguilar: Show and Tell at the Leslie-Lohman Museum of Art (closes June 27) are currently on view at institutions just steps away...
This Is What the Art World Looks LikeMarch 11, 2021
Book Review: "We Are Here - Visionaries of Color Transforming the Art World" and Interview with the author Jasmin Hernandez, Founder of Gallery Gurls
Guerrilla Girls, Inc. – 35 Years and CountingDecember 9, 2020
Here’s a look at the Guerrilla Girls’ feminist interventions that have kept the art world on its toes in honor of their most recent publication.
Escape to Dia Beacon, New YorkNovember 3, 2020
The Dia Art Fountain in Beacon, New York was permitted to welcome visitors back in August, several weeks ahead of museums in New York City. Timed ticketed entry to minimize the traffic inside the gallery spaces,...
Luchita Hurtado: Art and Life Over a CenturySeptember 6, 2020
Luchita Hurtado (November 28, 1920 – August 13, 2020) was an artist, photographer, poet, environmentalist, activist, feminist, fashion designer, and so much more over the course of a lifetime that spanned a century. Hurtado was born...
- The Night — Ten Beautiful Nocturne Paintings
- Eyewitness to Space: The NASA Art Program
- DailyArt Magazine Turns Four! Our Impressions of the Impressionists
- Divine Beauty of Landscapes: California on Canvas
- 5 Best DailyArt Magazine Articles As Selected By Our Readers
- Art from Horror Movies: Japanese Woodblocks of Tsukioka Yoshitoshi
- Cheer Me Up! 10 Funniest DailyArt Magazine Articles Ever
- Pure Happiness, Fun, and Joy in Jan Steen’s Paintings
- The Unbelievable Story of Killer Rabbits in Medieval Manuscripts
- The Dutch Master of Selfies: Rembrandt’s 6 Magnificent Self-Portraits