It’s Not Always What It Seems: The Fabulous Inventions of PanamarenkoJune 12, 2019
Panamarenko steals from science and uses it in his art. He has designed planes and submarines that at first sight are perfectly capable of functioning, but don’t be misled: they are unique works of art that should be...
Lee Krasner and the Art of Starting OverJune 11, 2019
Lee Krasner’s name has become much more widely known in recent years. Often referred to as the wife of Jackson Pollock, she was, of course, a great artist in her own right. The Barbican Gallery in London is...
A Feeling of Nostalgia: Art by Fu WenjunJune 8, 2019
For centuries, China was one of the greatest and wealthiest civilizations, and perhaps it is now returning to its historical position. Artist Fu Wenjun witnessed the recent rapid changes and that’s why his art is positioned on the...
Natalia Goncharova First Time in LondonJune 6, 2019
We couldn’t have asked for a better birthday gift for Natalia Goncharova: a month before her birthday Tate Modern in London is presenting the first retrospective of her work in the UK ever. The exhibition opens on June, 6th. The date...
How British was Van Gogh?June 1, 2019
The exhibition Van Gogh and Britain at the Tate Britain brings together over 50 works by Vincent van Gogh to reveal how he was inspired by Britain and how he in turn inspired British artists. The starting point...
Erna Rosenstein. Surrealist in the Country Where Surrealism Didn’t ExistMay 31, 2019
Erna was born a Jew. This fact weighed on her whole life because Erna’s family lived in Lviv, Ukraine and to complicate things even more, she turned 20 when Hitler rose to power in 1933. Ah, and on...
Artists and Their MythsMay 28, 2019
Sometimes, the story that is attached to an artist is as important as their craft. Let’s take a look at artists and the myths that are related to them. Though many think of myth as a fictional story,...
- Evoking The Genius Of Brancusi At The Museum Of Modern Art In New York
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Tarsila do Amaral: Joy Is the Decisive Test
- It’s Not Always What It Seems: The Fabulous Inventions of Panamarenko
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Lee Krasner and the Art of Starting Over
- Painting of the Week: Masaccio, The Tribute Money
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- Greek Mythological Creatures That Combine Female Beauty And Beastly Ugliness
- Frida Kahlo And The Symbolism In Her Art