Impressionism Features in Bombay Progressive Artists GroupSeptember 24, 2020
Progressive Artists Group (PAG) was an answer to the existing Indian institutional structure of exhibitions in the mid-20th century. It was a collective primarily formed by FN Souza, SH Raza, KH Ara, HA Gade, MF Hussain and Sadanand...
The Forgotten Couturier Elsa Schiaparelli: Surrealism, Art and Revolutionary FashionSeptember 19, 2020
Italian female fashion designer and couturier, the greatest rival of Coco Chanel, and a friend of Surrealists like Salvador Dalì and Man Ray, Elsa Schiaparelli became one of the most prominent figures in fashion and art between the...
A Fierce Romance of Art and Fashion: The Friendship of Salvador Dali and Coco ChanelSeptember 18, 2020
When Dali moved to Paris in 1926, Chanel was already a famous fashion designer. Dali had already worked in the fashion industry, as he had collaborated with Elsa Schiaparelli. But, Coco also introduced him to theatrical costume design,...
Micha Ullman’s Empty Library: An Ode to CultureSeptember 14, 2020
A symbol of education in the city of Berlin, the Bebelplatz Square was chosen on May 10, 1933 by Joseph Goebbels, Minister of Education and Propaganda of the Nazi government, to carry out the infamous autodafé. This sad...
Beirut’s Art Scene: Before the Blast and NowSeptember 10, 2020
It was only three years ago, after a long civil war, that Beirut’s art scene began to find its feet. Despite ever-present political corruption, an unsteady economy, and rising inflation, the Mediterranean city has recently become a hot-spot...
Artists and Their MythsSeptember 7, 2020
Sometimes, the story that is attached to an artist is as important as their craft. Let’s take a look at artists and the myths that are related to them. Though many think of myth as a fictional story,...
Luchita Hurtado: Art and Life Over a CenturySeptember 6, 2020
Luchita Hurtado (November 28, 1920 – August 13, 2020) was an artist, photographer, poet, environmentalist, activist, feminist, fashion designer, and so much more over the course of a lifetime that spanned a century. Hurtado was born in Venezuela....
- Edgar Degas and His Most Beautiful Ballerinas
- Fifty Shades of Dr. Pozzi
- HERE: Black in Rembrandt’s Time. Rembrandthuis Decolonizes
- Botero and His Characteristic Chubby Style: Boterism
- Autumn Moon in Japanese Woodblock Prints
- Nighthawks as Memes – Edward Hopper’s Best Renditions
- The Lifelike Death Fayum Portraits of Roman Egypt
- Painting of the Week: Firs Zhuravlev, A Fashionista Wife
- The Origin of the World and the Female Gaze
- Where Is Van Gogh’s Biggest Art Collection Outside of Amsterdam? In the Kröller-Müller Museum!
- Traversing the Unseen: Interview with Multi-Media Artist Sara Osebold
- Frida Kahlo And The Symbolism In Her Art
- Kyra Nijinsky: Portrait of a Dancer
- “They Are Black Because I’m Not White” Portraits By Lynette Yiadom-Boakye
- The Forgotten Couturier Elsa Schiaparelli: Surrealism, Art and Revolutionary Fashion