What did the Artists from ‘Midnight in Paris’ Look Like in Real Life? 19th Century
How Did Paris Fall in Love with Ballets Russes?February 24, 2021
Ballets Russes was a ballet company founded by the Russian impresario Sergei Diaghilev. No doubt, Ballets Russes made Russian ballet famous all around the world. However, there was special love Russians received from fastidious Paris. Let’s find out...
Gwen John in Post-Impressionist Paris: Interiors and IntrospectionFebruary 23, 2021
A glimpse into the life of the Welsh daughter who ran away to Paris to paint. Let us follow Gwen John in Post-Impressionist Paris. Gwendoline Mary John was born in Wales in 1876. A solicitor’s daughter who painted...
The Most Iconic Sculptures by Richard SerraFebruary 22, 2021
Richard Serra is an American artist and sculptor involved in the Process Art Movement. He often constructs site-specific installations, made out of fiberglass, rubber, and most frequently steel on a scale that dwarfs the observer. His site-specific works challenge...
Alexandra Exter: From Russia to Paris with ArtFebruary 19, 2021
Alexandra Exter was a painter and designer of the Russian/Ukrainian avant-garde. Her work isn’t limited to just one genre or movement. She was a Cubo-Futurist, a Constructivist artist that influenced the Art Deco movement. Exter didn’t stick only...
The Sad Story of Vincent van Gogh and His LoversFebruary 13, 2021
Vincent van Gogh’s love life was a really sad one. The list of the artist’s lovers is full of unsuccessful romances and rejections. This is the tragic story of Vincent van Gogh and his lovers, I’m really sorry...
The Nude Love of Ida Rubinstein and Romaine BrooksFebruary 11, 2021
Being a bisexual woman at the beginning of the 20th century was difficult. They were looked down on, they were scorned and discussed behind their backs. But they kept on going, working, and loving. Here comes a story...
Gilbert & George – Art and Love at First SightFebruary 10, 2021
One day two young students, Gilbert Prousch and George Passmore, met at Central Saint Martins College of Art in London in 1967. It was love at first sight and they never separated again, whether in art or in...
- Jozef Mehoffer – Strange Garden
- Painting of the Week: Fede Galizia, A Glass Compote with Peaches, Jasmine Flowers, Quinces and a Grasshopper
- 5 Positive Effects of Art on Mental Health
- Art Saved My Life! An Alternative Look at the Mental Health of Vincent van Gogh
- #MeToo and the Medusa Myth
- 10 Most Beautiful Artistic Flower Arrangements for Spring
- Painting of the Week: Rembrandt van Rijn, Flora
- Language of Flowers: Hidden Messages in Flora
- Visit Parisian Landmarks in These Ten Gorgeous Paintings
- Paris Through the Lens of Early Photographers