Emma Amos: The Story of the Postmodernist African-American ArtistNovember 18, 2020
Emma Amos is a great example of how a female, black artist can effect change and become someone in a racist and sexist time. On May 20th, 2020, Amos left us at the age of 83. We want...
The Vibrant Paintings of Henrietta BerkNovember 16, 2020
Born in Wichita, Kansas, Henrietta Berk (1919-1990) was known for painting in bold and bright colors. She moved to San Francisco with her family when she was very young. Berk studied at the San Francisco State College and...
Expressionism: Artists, Paintings, and Everything You Need to Know About the Art MovementNovember 14, 2020
Expressionism developed the ideas of Post-Impressionism and became another prominent trend in the history of art. Some of its most remarkable representatives were Ernst Ludwig Kirchner, Vasyl Kandinsky, Franz Marc, Paul Klee, August Macke, Emil Nolde, and Oskar...
Michael West, Woman Artist Excluded from the Ab-E GangNovember 12, 2020
The American art world in the era of the post war boom of Abstract Expressionism was definitely male-oriented. And the career of Corinne Michelle (Michael) West was its victim. She could have been famous. But she was a...
Art for Climate Change: Emily Carr, Odds and EndsNovember 10, 2020
Art has always had the power to communicate all kinds of emotions; some paintings convey a sense of peace and quiet, while others can make us feel upset or uncomfortable. The latter gives us awareness about something that...
The Original Guerilla Girls: Claude Cahun and Marcel MooreNovember 10, 2020
A book review of Paper Bullets by Jeffrey H Jackson. If I asked for your top 10 political artists, does Claude Cahun spring to mind? Marcel Moore? No, I guessed as much. But these two art activists have...
Louis Wain and His Weird CatsNovember 9, 2020
The British artist Louis Wain was a highly successful illustrator, mainly known for his humorous graphics of cats. His quirky feline pictures were so popular that almost every household at the beginning of the 20th century had at least one...
- Léon Spilliaert: The Longing Behind the Symbolism
- Kiyohara Yukinobu: Sublime Female Painter of the Kano School
- Stendhal Syndrome – The Art Fans Sickness
- Everything You Must Know About Suprematism and Kazimir Malevich
- DailyArt Magazine Turns Four! Our Impressions of the Impressionists
- Visit in Madrid or Online: The Thyssen-Bornemisza National Museum
- The Art Of Thanksgiving By Norman Rockwell
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- The Best Autumn Foods in Still-Life Paintings
- 8 Paintings For Thanksgiving That Will Warm Your Heart