Stories By Caroline Mokrohajská
What is a Wunderkammer? Best Cabinets of CuriositiesJuly 6, 2020
The characteristic of arousing surprise for the observer is typical for the so-called Wunderkammer or Cabinet of Curiosities. These are real rooms of wonders where, in an undifferentiated mix of art and science, of naturalia and...
The Artists are Present – Marina and UlayJune 17, 2020
Balkan performing artist Marina Abramovic was born in 1946 in Belgrade, Serbia. Ulay (Frank Uwe Laysiepen) was born on the same day as her, a few years earlier, in another place, Solingen, Germany. They met for...
The Most Scandalous Artworks of Marcel DuchampMay 9, 2020
Paysage fautif or Faulty landscape is one of the most original works of Marcel Duchamp. It was made in 1946 and dedicated to Maria Martins, a Brazilian sculptor and Duchamp’s lover whom he met in 1942. It...
Agostino Arrivabene – A Modern AlchemistApril 28, 2020
Agostino Arrivabene (born in 1967) is a visionary yet secluded Italian contemporary artist who continues to produce outstanding surrealist works from his 17th-century house located just outside Milan. His masterful paintings operate in a realm that has...
- Fat Cat Art – Cat’s Guide to Classic Art
- The Dystopian Surrealism of Zdzislaw Beksinski
- What Is a Tronie? Famous Examples of Tronies in Dutch and Flemish Baroque
- Gustave Caillebotte’s Urban Intimacy
- What is a Wunderkammer? Best Cabinets of Curiosities
- Dachshunds in Art
- The Feminist Artists Whose Work Changed the World
- See a Man About a Dog: Dogs in Paintings
- Odilon Redon’s Noir World Of Darkness
- VIPs… or VICs (Very Important Colors)? Iconic Hues in Art History