Stories By Alicja Gluszek
Tarsila do Amaral: Joy Is the Decisive TestJune 14, 2019
Tarsila do Amaral left behind 230 paintings, five sculptures, and hundreds of drawings, prints and murals. She led Brazilian art into modernism. In her home country, she is a household name. She was a socialite, fashionista,...
Painting of the Week: Simpatía (La Rabia del gato), Remedios VaroMay 19, 2019
Our painting of the week is Simpatía (La Rabia del gato) which is soon going to be auctioned at Christie’s. It’s a huge treat for all art lovers because for the last 40 years it was a treasured piece...
Painting of the Week: Tarsila do Amaral, AbaporúMay 12, 2019
Abaporú: a painting that was a birthday gift from a wife to a husband, from Tarsila do Amaral to Oswaldo de Andrade. This work was a symbol of the loving and intellectual connection between two artists, and...
- Evoking The Genius Of Brancusi At The Museum Of Modern Art In New York
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Tarsila do Amaral: Joy Is the Decisive Test
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- It’s Not Always What It Seems: The Fabulous Inventions of Panamarenko
- Lee Krasner and the Art of Starting Over
- Painting of the Week: Masaccio, The Tribute Money
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- Greek Mythological Creatures That Combine Female Beauty And Beastly Ugliness
- Black Is Beautiful: Kwame Brathwaite at the Skirball Center