London’s National Portrait GalleryDecember 14, 2019
You have approximately six months until the National Portrait Gallery shuts down for a three year renovation (29 June 2020 – Spring 2023)! If you’ve not yet visited, hopefully these five reasons will inspire you to go before...
David Wojnarowicz: Love and Rage in the Time of CholeraDecember 4, 2019
Sex, spirituality, love, and loss – for the artist, writer, and activist David Wojnarowicz these were the main subjects of art which he created from the 1970s to the early 1990s when he died of AIDS. Always hard-lined,...
This Looks Out of Tune!? Finding Dissonance in Kandinsky’s PaintingsNovember 27, 2019
Russian artist Wassily Kandinsky painted some of the most beautiful pieces of art, in a style that is instantly recognisable. The flurry of lines, colours and shapes, demonstrates an ability to enchant art lovers without representing any recognisable forms,...
Modern Living – Sonneveld House, RotterdamNovember 26, 2019
Visit with us the Sonneveld House Museum, one of the best-preserved examples the Nieuwe Bouwen style, the Dutch branch of the International School of Modernism. Designed in the 1930s by architecture office Brinkman and Van der Vlugt, of...
Art in The Crown: Spies, Secrets and The Royal Art CollectionNovember 25, 2019
The Crown is not amused… There’s a scandal brewing behind the doors of Buckingham Palace. Let’s investigate art in The Crown, season 3. If you’re anything like me, the moment that Netflix released the newest installment of their...
Titian’s MetamorphosesNovember 19, 2019
In the 1550s and early 1560s Titian delivered a series of seven large canvases to King Phillip II of Spain. Each translated a small section of the Epic poem Metamorphoses, by Roman poet Ovid, into paint. Titian coined...
10 Beautiful Kimono from the Victoria & Albert Museum CollectionNovember 15, 2019
Victoria and Albert Museum in London is one of the leading museums focusing on art and design. It’s special for me due to the vast range of their collection, excluding no material or technique. V&A collects everything from...
- How Many Paintings From Louvre Shown On This Video Can You Recognize?
- Everything You Should Know About Orientalism
- Top 7 Summer Destinations (From Art)
- Welcome to the Wonderful Circus of Dame Laura Knight!
- ALL Louvre Masterpieces From Beyonce & Jay-Z’s ‘APES**T’ Video Explained
- Representation vs Reality: Artists Portrayed in Midnight in Paris. Part I
- Abstraction In Creation – Watch Gerhard Richter At Work
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Pablo Picasso And His Women
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)