What did the Artists from ‘Midnight in Paris’ Look Like in Real Life? 19th Century
How Did Paris Fall in Love with Ballets Russes?February 24, 2021
Ballets Russes was a ballet company founded by the Russian impresario Sergei Diaghilev. No doubt, Ballets Russes made Russian ballet famous all around the world. However, there was special love Russians received from fastidious Paris. Let’s find out...
Michelangelo’s Pieta: An Ode to the SublimeFebruary 23, 2021
The Pietà – or Virgin of Pity – is the representation of the Blessed Virgin holding her divine son on her knees. This iconic type entered Italy after having spread to France and in Germany from the 14th...
The Most Iconic Sculptures by Richard SerraFebruary 22, 2021
Richard Serra is an American artist and sculptor involved in the Process Art Movement. He often constructs site-specific installations, made out of fiberglass, rubber, and most frequently steel on a scale that dwarfs the observer. His site-specific works challenge...
Paris Through the Lens of Early PhotographersFebruary 22, 2021
Paris is a centuries old city which witnessed many ground-breaking moments. One of them was the first photograph of a living human being ever taken! Inspired by this discovery, I’ll take you on a journey back in time,...
A Luxurious Desire: Ancient Near Eastern Ivory CarvingsFebruary 18, 2021
The allure of ivory, a lustrous material that when polished gleams and glows, exuding warmth and a mysterious beauty. Near Eastern ivory carvings are eerily seductive and hauntingly beautiful. Imagine the thrill of finding such exquisite artifacts. These...
Nostalgic Futurism in the Photography of Mária ŠvarbováFebruary 15, 2021
Mária Švarbová is a talented, young, Slovakian, female photographer. She is known for her conceptual and minimalistic photographic series, immersed in a Socialist Modernist architecture and radiating an intimate atmosphere, ruled geometry, and color balance. The Swimming Pool...
Eli Rezkallah: I Created My Own Fantasy WorldFebruary 11, 2021
We all know the iconic lyrics for the James Brown song “It’s a Man’s Man’s World”. Since 1966 it reminds us that the world has always been of men, in the wake of an America in which being...
- Painting of the Week: Fede Galizia, A Glass Compote with Peaches, Jasmine Flowers, Quinces and a Grasshopper
- 5 Positive Effects of Art on Mental Health
- Art Saved My Life! An Alternative Look at the Mental Health of Vincent van Gogh
- #MeToo and the Medusa Myth
- Meet Asparagus, the King of Vegetables! Not Just for Vegetarians
- The Fabulous Sculpture and Mysterious Life of Edmonia Lewis
- 10 Most Beautiful Artistic Flower Arrangements for Spring
- Michelangelo’s Pieta: An Ode to the Sublime
- Jozef Mehoffer – Strange Garden
- Language of Flowers: Hidden Messages in Flora