Best Books for Little Art HistoriansJuly 23, 2020
Can you remember what your first experience with art was? Books can be an easy and fun way to stimulate children’s abilities and interests. We have selected four great art books for different ages for small art historians!...
An Artistic Tour of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s DreamJune 24, 2020
Regardless of the time of year, Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream is one of the first things that come to mind when the word ‘Midsummer’ is mentioned. This play is a little complicated. There are many subplots, many...
Seven Books About Art for Holiday ChillJune 22, 2020
Holiday time but not sure if you can afford to travel? Or do you just need something to help forget about social distancing while relaxing somewhere and not being at work? Whatever you are looking for, a good...
5 Books About Van Gogh You Have to ReadMay 21, 2020
Vincent van Gogh is one of those artists whose reputation precedes them. The tormented child of the art, the cursed artist, the madman, the genius, the weird, or the eccentric are only a few of the labels that...
Middle Earth and Beyond in Art: Tolkien’s IllustrationsMay 19, 2020
J.R.R. Tolkien’s written works have influenced many around the globe. However, perhaps less known than his books are his illustrations that he began as a young child. These illustrations further enhance the reading process of The Lord of...
Gerda Taro. The Girl with the LeicaApril 22, 2020
Have you ever heard of the photographer Gerda Taro? You may know her as Robert Capa‘s girlfriend and muse, and I’m sure you have heard of Capa at least once. Well, Helena Janeczek in her book The Girl...
Victorian Feminists and Their Supernatural PowersApril 20, 2020
The Victorian feminists in nineteenth-century England paved the way for the women’s movement across the world. The ‘New Woman’, as she was called, demanded social equality, economic independence and the right to education. However, many people (both men...
- How Art Saved His Life: Story of Horace Pippin
- Perseus and the Head of Medusa – A Very Florentine Story
- The British Landscape in Art
- 4 Artists Who Suffered from Mental Illness (and How It Affected Their Art)
- The Fabulous Sculpture and Mysterious Life of Edmonia Lewis
- Art History 101: Self-Portraits You Should Know
- Why Don’t We Study Frédéric Bazille’s Works?
- Puzzles with the Shade of Communism: 10 Great Soviet Mosaics in Russia
- 5 Impressionist Gossips Which Will Make You Feel They Staged a Soap Opera
- Van Gogh’s Sunflowers at the Van Gogh Museum