Stories By Charlotte Stace
5 Mythical Love Stories Depicted in ArtMay 10, 2021
Mythical love stories are some of the greatest ever told, capturing the hearts of many generations. They have been recreated in sculpture, retold in literature, acted out in theaters and depicted in oil paintings. 1. Alcyone...
10 of the Most Famous Female Artist Self-PortraitsOctober 22, 2020
Although known as a modern day invention, selfies have actually been around for centuries, albeit in the more traditional form of self-portraits. Female artists across time and space have created self-portraits for a number of reasons....
Moulin Rouge and the Folies Bergère: Best Can-Can Paintings in Art HistoryJuly 11, 2020
Can-can paintings depict the most famous dance of La Belle Époque era. Originating in France, the Can-can, associated with skirts, petticoats, high kicks, splits, and cartwheels became popular in the 1840s. Although originally danced by both...
Travel in the Footsteps of Henri Matisse in MoroccoJune 26, 2020
Until the advent of mass tourism, North Africa’s jewel, Morocco remained a relatively unknown world of Sultans, spices and sparse deserts. A number of artists throughout the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries visited this faraway land....
A Capri Romance: John Singer Sargent and Rosina FererraMay 23, 2020
Summer is on the horizon and most of us, having been cooped up at home for some months now, are dreaming of the holidays. Long walks along beaches, toes in the sand, the sound of the...
The Most Beautiful Gardens in ArtApril 30, 2020
To help fight off the quarantine blues, here’s a guide to some of the most beautiful gardens in art. Both art and the outdoors offer solace and a calmness that cannot be matched. They are proven...
- Mothers in Art: DailyArt’s Celebration of Mother’s Day
- Lise Tréhot. The Mysterious Beauty from Renoir’s Paintings
- Aubrey Beardsley: Sharp Blacks and Whites of the Victorian Era
- The Stunning Botanical Art of Barbara Regina Dietzsch
- Artemisia Gentileschi: The Rape Survivor And Her Revenge
- 5 Swedish Pioneering Female Photographers You Should Get to Know
- Wronged Royal Wives – British Scandal and Heartbreak Through the Centuries
- Janet Sobel: the Forgotten Female Artist Who Influenced Jackson Pollock
- Zdzisław Beksiński’s Passion for Music
- Six Wives Of Henry VIII in Portraits