Stories By Bolor Jargalsaikhan
Women in Rossetti’s Life and Art: Muses and LoversApril 1, 2021
Anyone who knows of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood will remember their style by the representation of a very particular type of women – the ones with angular facial features, prominent jawline, straight nose, voluminous hair – the...
Get Inspired: Jewelry in Rossetti’s PaintingsSeptember 17, 2020
Each piece of jewelry in Rossetti’s paintings worn by his models wasn’t invented but copied from actual accessories from the artist’s collection. Pieces were carefully selected to complement the garment, color, and other aesthetic features of...
Greek Mythological Creatures that Combine Female Beauty and Beastly UglinessSeptember 12, 2020
Gods, goddesses, demigods, horrible monsters, and beasts of hybrid forms roam the world of Ancient Greek mythology. Their heredity shaped many of the fictional and fantastical creatures of our time. From Sirens that lure sailors to...
Why is Klimt Famous?March 28, 2018
Gustav Klimt, born in Austria in 1862, is celebrated as one of the most valued artists in the history of art. But, why is Klimt famous? Why exactly do we value his work? And what role...
Symbolism in Beata Beatrix by Dante Gabriel RossettiJanuary 13, 2018
Rossetti started Beata Beatrix in 1863 after the death of his wife Elizabeth Siddal (1829-62). The painting illustrates the last chapter of Medieval Florentine writer Dante Alighieri (1265-1321)’s poem La Vita Nuova (1295). The female figure...
Legend of Proserpine by Dante Gabriel RossettiJanuary 5, 2018
Works of the famous Pre-Raphaelite artist Dante Gabriel Rossetti often resonate with his personal experiences in life and love. Especially, the lush portraits of the larger-than-life goddesses were often inspired by the women who had the...
Brief Story of Claude Monet’s Garden in GivernyDecember 2, 2017
Famous Impressionist artist Claude Monet‘s garden in Giverny has been one of the must-see sights for every art lover visiting France. It is a flowering domain where the artist had spent last forty-or-so years of his...
- The Summer Feels So Far Away! – Ten Beaches in Art
- Gustav Klimt’s Lost and Found Viennese Beauty – Lady with Fan
- Everything You Must Know About All Michelangelo’s Pietàs
- AI in Art: What Does It Mean?
- Alphonse Mucha: Art Nouveau Visionary at North Carolina Museum of Art
- Met Gala: When Art Meets High Fashion on the Beige Carpet (2021 Update!)
- CHEAP: When Art Meets Activism – Interview with the Co-founder Sara Manfredi
- A Unique Artist Encounter: When Ara Güler Met Pablo Picasso
- Peek into the Court: Stunning Qajar Portraits
- Van Gogh Museum Staff Picks