The Original Guerilla Girls: Claude Cahun and Marcel MooreNovember 10, 2020
A book review of Paper Bullets by Jeffrey H Jackson. If I asked for your top 10 political artists, does Claude Cahun spring to mind? Marcel Moore? No, I guessed as much. But these two art activists have...
The Art of Mia Makila: 13 Important QuestionsOctober 30, 2020
Viewing the art of Mia Makila is like walking into a labyrinthine psyche masquerading as a shop. You open the door, the bell rings, and you realise that you’re the only customer. This shop only accepts one customer...
Art History 101: Self-Portraits You Should KnowOctober 11, 2020
Mirror mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of them all? Self-portraits are closely tied with the existence of mirrors. Although mirrors have existed since antiquity, during the renaissance cheaper and better mirrors made in Venice came onto...
The Forgotten Couturier Elsa Schiaparelli: Surrealism, Art and Revolutionary FashionSeptember 19, 2020
Italian female fashion designer and couturier, the greatest rival of Coco Chanel, and a friend of Surrealists like Salvador Dalì and Man Ray, Elsa Schiaparelli became one of the most prominent figures in fashion and art between the...
A Fierce Romance of Art and Fashion: The Friendship of Salvador Dali and Coco ChanelSeptember 18, 2020
When Dali moved to Paris in 1926, Chanel was already a famous fashion designer. Dali had already worked in the fashion industry, as he had collaborated with Elsa Schiaparelli. But, Coco also introduced him to theatrical costume design,...
Max Ernst and Birds: A Relationship Explained Through PaintingsJuly 2, 2020
Max Ernst (1891–1976) was a prolific German avant-garde artist. He was a pioneer in the early 20th century movements of Dada and Surrealism and developed a number of inventive artistic techniques. Ernst had the ability to make the...
Pink Unicorns, Cowboys and Candy Clouds: Welcome to Will Cotton’s Own Wild WestJune 28, 2020
As unicorns stand as a strong emblem for the LGBTQ community, Will Cotton’s latest works are the perfect way to get your arty fix in Pride Month. Visit The Taming of the Cowboy at Galerie Templon, Brussels. New...
- Mothers in Art: DailyArt’s Celebration of Mother’s Day
- Aubrey Beardsley: Sharp Blacks and Whites of the Victorian Era
- The Stunning Botanical Art of Barbara Regina Dietzsch
- 5 Swedish Pioneering Female Photographers You Should Get to Know
- Artemisia Gentileschi: The Rape Survivor And Her Revenge
- Wronged Royal Wives – British Scandal and Heartbreak Through the Centuries
- Janet Sobel: the Forgotten Female Artist Who Influenced Jackson Pollock
- Lise Tréhot. The Mysterious Beauty from Renoir’s Paintings
- Zdzisław Beksiński’s Passion for Music
- Six Wives Of Henry VIII in Portraits