All posts tagged "sculpture"
The Complicated Meaning and Mysterious Origin of The Cloisters CrossJanuary 19, 2019
The Cloisters Cross is a beautiful English Romanesque walrus ivory cross, likely dating to the middle...
Florence’s Secret Spot: Colosso Dell’AppenninoOctober 20, 2018
A 30-minute drive from central Florence lies a true Tuscan secret: the sixteenth-century sculpture Colosso Dell’Appennino...
Museums And Exhibitions
Evoking The Genius Of Brancusi At The Museum Of Modern Art In New YorkAugust 16, 2018
The sculptures of Constantin Brancusi remind me of being in a sketch class with a model...
A Story About How Louise Nevelson Constructed Her Sculptures And Her PastAugust 3, 2018
Nevelson (1899 – 1988) is recognized as one of America’s most innovative sculptors. Her most famous...
- Moondance. Full Moon in Painting
- Take a Trip with Rosemary Ellis
- Painting Parenthood – Artists’ Children Depicted by Their Mothers
- Disruptive Because Pretty: Art Guide To Aestheticism
- Caravaggio, The Musicians
- Explore the Unknown World of Klimt’s Landscapes
- Why Is St Sebastian A Gay Icon?
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Van Gogh’s Sunflowers at the Van Gogh Museum
- Britain At Twilight: John Atkinson Grimshaw’s Landscapes