All posts tagged "sculpture"
The Complicated Meaning and Mysterious Origin of The Cloisters CrossJanuary 19, 2019
The Cloisters Cross is a beautiful English Romanesque walrus ivory cross, likely dating to the middle...
Florence’s Secret Spot: Colosso Dell’AppenninoOctober 20, 2018
A 30-minute drive from central Florence lies a true Tuscan secret: the sixteenth-century sculpture Colosso Dell’Appennino...
Museums And Exhibitions
Evoking The Genius Of Brancusi At The Museum Of Modern Art In New YorkAugust 16, 2018
The sculptures of Constantin Brancusi remind me of being in a sketch class with a model...
A Story About How Louise Nevelson Constructed Her Sculptures And Her PastAugust 3, 2018
Nevelson (1899 – 1988) is recognized as one of America’s most innovative sculptors. Her most famous...
- Evoking The Genius Of Brancusi At The Museum Of Modern Art In New York
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Tarsila do Amaral: Joy Is the Decisive Test
- It’s Not Always What It Seems: The Fabulous Inventions of Panamarenko
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Lee Krasner and the Art of Starting Over
- Painting of the Week: Masaccio, The Tribute Money
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- Greek Mythological Creatures That Combine Female Beauty And Beastly Ugliness
- Frida Kahlo And The Symbolism In Her Art