Stories By Marta Loza
What Edouard Manet and Saint Francis have in common?January 24, 2018
Edouard Manet once remarked: “I should like to be the Saint Francis of still life”. While the comparisons between Manet and Saint Francis may not be immediately obvious, in some ways, Manet did achieve his goal. Both...
Faun Barberini – Sexy Animal from Ancient GreeceSeptember 25, 2017
Drunk and asleep men are rarely, if ever, beautiful and sexually appealing, but this is not the case with this sexy animal from ancient Greece. This monumental statue is not only intriguing for its aesthetics, but...
Painting of the Week
The Garden Of Earthly Delights – A Fascinating World Of Hieronymus BoschSeptember 2, 2017
Hieronymus Bosch is one of the most fascinating artists in the history of art. From the known information about Bosch, he seemed to have a very ordinary and dull life in a small Dutch town, but...
- The Sad Story Of Vincent Van Gogh And His Lovers
- Painting of the Week: Nicolas Maes, Young Woman Peeling Apples
- Brief Story of Claude Monet’s Garden in Giverny
- Paula Modersohn-Becker: The Unknown Expressionist
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Jan Van Eyck
- My name is Sofonisba And I’m Michelangelo’s Gal
- The Sound Of Colour: Music Inspired By Visual Art – A Top 10
- The Mystery of Vincent Van Gogh’s Death
- Giovanni Boldini’s Beautiful Belles
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)