Stories By Marta Loza
What Edouard Manet and Saint Francis have in common?January 24, 2018
Edouard Manet once remarked: “I should like to be the Saint Francis of still life”. While the comparisons between Manet and Saint Francis may not be immediately obvious, in some ways, Manet did achieve his goal. Both...
Faun Barberini – Sexy Animal from Ancient GreeceSeptember 25, 2017
Drunk and asleep men are rarely, if ever, beautiful and sexually appealing, but this is not the case with this sexy animal from ancient Greece. This monumental statue is not only intriguing for its aesthetics, but...
Painting of the Week
The Garden Of Earthly Delights – A Fascinating World Of Hieronymus BoschSeptember 2, 2017
Hieronymus Bosch is one of the most fascinating artists in the history of art. From the known information about Bosch, he seemed to have a very ordinary and dull life in a small Dutch town, but...
- 5 Paintings By Piet Mondrian You Wouldn’t Believe Were His
- Artemisia Gentileschi: The Rape Survivor And Her Revenge
- Painting of the Week: Claude Monet, Meules
- Why Is St Sebastian A Gay Icon?
- Rembrandt And His Saddest Love Story
- 6 Rooms from Famous Paintings Brought to Real Life
- 15 Cats in Art History Every Cat Lover Would Love
- The Great Art Robbery…Foiled
- Nazi-looted Cézanne Painting To Be Shown In Switzerland
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)