Stories By Marta Loza
What Edouard Manet and Saint Francis have in common?January 24, 2018
Edouard Manet once remarked: “I should like to be the Saint Francis of still life”. While the comparisons between Manet and Saint Francis may not be immediately obvious, in some ways, Manet did achieve his goal. Both...
Faun Barberini – Sexy Animal from Ancient GreeceSeptember 25, 2017
Drunk and asleep men are rarely, if ever, beautiful and sexually appealing, but this is not the case with this sexy animal from ancient Greece. This monumental statue is not only intriguing for its aesthetics, but...
Painting of the Week
The Garden Of Earthly Delights – A Fascinating World Of Hieronymus BoschSeptember 2, 2017
Hieronymus Bosch is one of the most fascinating artists in the history of art. From the known information about Bosch, he seemed to have a very ordinary and dull life in a small Dutch town, but...
- These Photographs Taken By Edgar Degas Will Sweep You Off Your Feet
- Paul Gauguin – Master or Monster?
- Watch Kandinsky Drawing On A Rare Footage From 1926
- 410 Years Ago Rembrandt Was Born, Check Out His Six Magnificent Self-Portaits
- Moondance. Full Moon in Painting
- International Women’s Day 2019: Three Unknown Women Artists
- Gustav Klimt, Death and Life
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Sun, Sand and the Sound of the Sea – The Great British Summer Captured in Snapshots