Stories By Marta Loza
What Edouard Manet and Saint Francis have in common?January 24, 2018
Edouard Manet once remarked: “I should like to be the Saint Francis of still life”. While the comparisons between Manet and Saint Francis may not be immediately obvious, in some ways, Manet did achieve his goal. Both...
Faun Barberini – Sexy Animal from Ancient GreeceSeptember 25, 2017
Drunk and asleep men are rarely, if ever, beautiful and sexually appealing, but this is not the case with this sexy animal from ancient Greece. This monumental statue is not only intriguing for its aesthetics, but...
Painting of the Week
The Garden Of Earthly Delights – A Fascinating World Of Hieronymus BoschSeptember 2, 2017
Hieronymus Bosch is one of the most fascinating artists in the history of art. From the known information about Bosch, he seemed to have a very ordinary and dull life in a small Dutch town, but...
- 7 Things You Didn’t Know About Primavera by Botticelli
- Coffee, Tea, Beer… Drinks in Art for All Tastes!
- Here Comes the Sun… Sunrises for Hope in Art
- Ardhanarishvara – Androgynous Portrayal of Shiva and Parvati
- Lesbian Love and Sex in Art History
- 10 Cocktails Inspired by Art for Artsy Drinking
- Artists’ Beloved Travel Destinations as Seen Through Their Art
- Great Artists’ Dachshund Muses
- A Capri Romance: John Singer Sargent and Rosina Fererra
- The Dystopian Surrealism of Zdzislaw Beksinski