Venice in the Eyes of Claude MonetMay 27, 2021
Claude Monet fell in love with Venice the first time he saw it. He was 68 years old, and he went on a trip with his wife, Alice Hoschedé. The light and colors of Venice seduced the painter,...
Mary Cassatt: The Story of the American ImpressionistMay 22, 2021
Mary Cassatt was an American painter and printmaker who developed her skills by studying, working, and living in France. She was one of only three women Impressionist painters, and the only American to fully integrate into Impressionism. Despite her...
İbrahim Çallı: Impressionism in Turkish PaintingMay 11, 2021
Impressionist İbrahim Çallı’s paintings portrayed the society in which he lived in a very raw sense. Born in Turkey, educated in France and having been through World War I, Çallı created paintings of landscapes, nudes, still lives and...
Painting of the Week: A Bar at the Folies-BergèreMay 2, 2021
A Bar at the Folies-Bergère is considered Edouard Manet’s last major painting. Presented in the Salon of 1882, just a year before the artist’s death, its theme as well as the execution unsettled the prudish Parisian society. Manet...
Fanny Brate: A Forgotten Painter of Everyday ArtApril 9, 2021
Fanny Brate was born in Stockholm in 1861. Showing great potential from a young age, she started taking drawing and painting classes when she was only ten years old. In 1885, at the age of 24, she received...
A Journey into the Cosy Danish Painting: Skagen PaintersApril 3, 2021
Situated in the northernmost point of Denmark, the small town of Skagen is a quaint place with a lot of light and great views. As a result, the town remained a source of inspiration for several artists for...
Painting of the Week: Mary Cassatt, Little Girl in a Blue ArmchairMarch 7, 2021
Mary Stevenson Cassatt was an American painter and printmaker. She lived much of her adult life in France, where she became friends with Edgar Degas and later exhibited among the Impressionists as one of “les trois grandes dames”...
- Art from Horror Movies: Japanese Woodblocks of Tsukioka Yoshitoshi
- The Night — Ten Beautiful Nocturne Paintings
- Eyewitness to Space: The NASA Art Program
- Diego Rivera’s Life in Self-Portraits
- Masterpiece of the Week: Mithras Slaying the Bull
- Painting Of The Week – John Everett Millais, Ophelia
- 5 Best DailyArt Magazine Articles As Selected By Our Readers
- Everything You Should Know About Islamic Art
- One Artist and One Motif: Julije Knifer and His Meander
- Shahzia Sikander – An Extraordinary Past in Present Time