Impressionism Features in Bombay Progressive Artists GroupSeptember 24, 2020
Progressive Artists Group (PAG) was an answer to the existing Indian institutional structure of exhibitions in the mid-20th century. It was a collective primarily formed by FN Souza, SH Raza, KH Ara, HA Gade, MF Hussain and Sadanand...
Paint Me Like One of Your French Girls: The Life and Business of Agostina SegatoriSeptember 1, 2020
Agostina Segatori’s face is most widely recognized in the works of key artists between 1860 and 1887. Her Italian features inspired many painters in Paris at the time, leading to an enviable career. However, her achievements are far...
Lise Tréhot. The Mysterious Beauty from Renoir’s PaintingsAugust 2, 2020
Born into a humble French family, Lise Tréhot (1848–1922) was an artist’s model who posed exclusively for Pierre-Auguste Renoir (1841–1919). Lise posed for almost all of the female figures depicted by Renoir from 1866 until 1872. Incidentally, it...
Four Women Impressionists You Shouldn’t ForgetAugust 1, 2020
Impressionism is not only limited to Monet, Renoir, and Degas. There were four women Impressionists who were all the members of the same circle and exhibited works that were as innovative as those of their male counterparts: Berthe...
5 Impressionist Gossips Which Will Make You Feel They Staged a Soap OperaJuly 31, 2020
I know, it is a bit rude to discuss private lives of people. But when it comes to the Impressionists, knowing their relationships, connections, sudden twists of fate, and often difficult characters makes the whole story about them...
Eva Gonzalès: Impressionist in the ShadowsJuly 30, 2020
While Eva Gonzalès’ privileged upbringing and supportive family afforded her the opportunities to grow in her artistic abilities and broaden her social circle, she was still a woman in a male-dominated world. When it comes to the Impressionist...
The Dazzling Davies Sisters and Their Impressionist ArtJuly 29, 2020
The Davies sisters grew up in a remote corner of Victorian Wales. They were religious, teetotal and never married. But these demure young women, with no previous art knowledge, managed to gather together probably the most important collection...
- Léon Spilliaert: The Longing Behind the Symbolism
- Kiyohara Yukinobu: Sublime Female Painter of the Kano School
- Stendhal Syndrome – The Art Fans Sickness
- Everything You Must Know About Suprematism and Kazimir Malevich
- DailyArt Magazine Turns Four! Our Impressions of the Impressionists
- Visit in Madrid or Online: The Thyssen-Bornemisza National Museum
- The Art Of Thanksgiving By Norman Rockwell
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- The Best Autumn Foods in Still-Life Paintings
- Native American Art from Donald Ellis Gallery at the Frieze Viewing Room