Wagnerism in Art: Painting Music or Listening to PicturesJanuary 14, 2021
What is Wagnerism? There are perhaps no other cultural movements in the world that we have named after one person. Wagnerism was admiration for Wagner’s musical oeuvre, which originated in the second half of the 19th century. The...
The Musician, the Faun, and the Sunrise—Impressionism in Three ArtsJanuary 13, 2021
What do you get when you add some light, some inspiration, and some musical color? You get the recipe for cutting-edge content that will change how the world thinks about art. Read on for an illustration—an impression, if...
The Story of Vincent van Gogh’s Bedroom and Its Three VersionsJanuary 9, 2021
The Bedroom(s) are among the most famous paintings of Vincent van Gogh. Why the plural? There are three similar paintings of the same title. All three versions are described in his letters, easily discernible from one another by the pictures...
Degas at the Cirque Fernando: Step Right Up!December 28, 2020
Feats of strength, super flexibility, the ability to hold one’s breath for long periods of time, combine all that with lions, clowns, and a ring master and you get what we know of as a circus. Circuses have...
10 Masterpieces for Boosting Good Feng Shui in Your HouseDecember 12, 2020
Feng shui is a millenary art which focuses on the flow of energy. It is most of the time related to furniture and decoration, in ancient times it was a very popular activity. Here we have chosen ten masterpieces...
Why Don’t We Study Frédéric Bazille’s Works?October 12, 2020
Undoubtedly you all have heard of Claude Monet, Auguste Renoir, Alfred Sisley or Edouard Manet. Yet, fewer of you will have heard of Frédéric Bazille, a friend and fellow painter of all of the above. Hence, we ask,...
- Jozef Mehoffer – Strange Garden
- Painting of the Week: Fede Galizia, A Glass Compote with Peaches, Jasmine Flowers, Quinces and a Grasshopper
- 5 Positive Effects of Art on Mental Health
- Art Saved My Life! An Alternative Look at the Mental Health of Vincent van Gogh
- #MeToo and the Medusa Myth
- Meet Asparagus, the King of Vegetables! Not Just for Vegetarians
- 10 Most Beautiful Artistic Flower Arrangements for Spring
- The Fabulous Sculpture and Mysterious Life of Edmonia Lewis
- Michelangelo’s Pieta: An Ode to the Sublime
- Painting of the Week: Rembrandt van Rijn, Flora