Stories By Giordana Goretti
Vive la Belle Époque! Giovanni Boldini & Franca FlorioAugust 1, 2020
The history of the Belle Époque reveals many scandalous stories. Behind the elegant portraits are hidden the interesting lives of grand dames and adventurous gentlemen. Drawing inspiration from the article about John Singer Sargent’s Madame X,...
Art State of Mind
10 Ways to Spend the Summer, Inspired by ArtJune 24, 2020
Art suggests and indicates many things to a perceptive viewer. We believe it can also be the perfect ‘influencer’ when it comes to current trends, lifestyles, and activities. The many changes we have had to face...
Luncheon of the Boating Party in the Movie AmélieApril 3, 2020
The Best of all partnerships is the one between the Arts. Among so many worthy examples, we would like to tell you about the painting Luncheon of the Boating Party, by Pierre-Auguste Renoir, and the movie...
Painting of the Week: Johannes Vermeer, The MilkmaidMarch 15, 2020
Among the many representations of domestic scenes of respectable Dutch middle-class households, there is one that never ceases to impress and capture the imagination. It invites us to step in and maybe even help out with...
- The Pre-Raphaelites and the Wombat
- Mothers in Art: DailyArt’s Celebration of Mother’s Day
- Giovanna Garzoni – A Baroque Painter Inspires an Art Challenge
- Six Exquisite Mother-of-Pearl Artifacts from Gujarat
- 5 Artists Who Likely Suffered From Syphilis
- Punk in Art: Steampunk, Dieselpunk, and Cyberpunk
- Painting of the Week: Henri Rousseau, The Football Players
- Four Women Impressionists You Shouldn’t Forget
- The Dreamlike, Queer Femme Paintings of Marie Laurencin
- Timeless Beauty: Ancient Greek Athletes in Art