Stories By Giordana Goretti
Delftware 101 – The Brilliant Face of the Dutch Golden AgeOctober 25, 2020
When we think of the Netherlands, a few characteristic things come to mind; tulips, windmills, orange cheese and painted clogs to name but a few. However, we think there is a nobler Dutch craft that we...
Vive la Belle Époque! Giovanni Boldini & Franca FlorioAugust 1, 2020
The history of the Belle Époque reveals many scandalous stories. Behind the elegant portraits are hidden the interesting lives of grand dames and adventurous gentlemen. Drawing inspiration from the article about John Singer Sargent’s Madame X,...
Art State of Mind
10 Ways to Spend the Summer, Inspired by ArtJune 24, 2020
Art suggests and indicates many things to a perceptive viewer. We believe it can also be the perfect ‘influencer’ when it comes to current trends, lifestyles, and activities. The many changes we have had to face...
Luncheon of the Boating Party in the Movie AmélieApril 3, 2020
The Best of all partnerships is the one between the Arts. Among so many worthy examples, we would like to tell you about the painting Luncheon of the Boating Party, by Pierre-Auguste Renoir, and the movie...
Painting of the Week: Johannes Vermeer, The MilkmaidMarch 15, 2020
Among the many representations of domestic scenes of respectable Dutch middle-class households, there is one that never ceases to impress and capture the imagination. It invites us to step in and maybe even help out with...
- Edgar Degas and New Orleans’ Paintings
- 10 of the Most Famous Female Artist Self-Portraits
- 5 Impressionist Gossips Which Will Make You Feel They Staged a Soap Opera
- Kiyohara Yukinobu: Sublime Female Painter of the Kano School
- 15 Things You May Not Know About The Night Watch by Rembrandt
- Two Men, Police Uniforms, and Some Duct Tape: The Biggest Art Heist in History After 30 Years of Active Investigations
- The Pornographic World of Egon Schiele’s Nudes (18+)
- Berthe Weill: The Unknown Gallerist of the Avant-Garde
- Vermeer’s Desperate Housewives
- Adriaen Brouwer, Painter of Emotions