All posts tagged "history"
The Government Venus: Top Five Portraits of Elisabeth of RussiaAugust 12, 2020
Elisabeth of Russia (1709-1761) was the most beautiful empress from the Romanov dynasty. Contemporaries called her...
- Why Babies in Medieval Paintings Look Like Ugly Old Men
- Cute Babies in Art: From Rubens to Cassatt
- Tsuguharu Foujita: The Cat Master
- Art for Climate Change: Emily Carr, Odds and Ends
- The Erotic Potential of The Temptation of St. Anthony
- Back to School: The Great Art History 101
- Three Unique Portrayals of Europa’s Abduction Myth
- Tattoos – Ancient Ink to Modern Celebrity
- The Serene Beauty of a Pastoral Love: Daphnis and Chloé Paintings
- A Capri Romance: John Singer Sargent and Rosina Fererra