Stories By Irina Diana Calu
Everything You Should Know About Islamic ArtJuly 19, 2021
Bright colorful mosaics, stunning arches, amazing constructions in the middle of the desert, beautifully ornate calligraphy, incredible rock crystal goblets, refined metalwork are just a few of the Islamic art wonders that have fascinated for centuries....
Must-See Exhibitions: 5 Top Cities to Visit in Summer 2021June 24, 2021
The summer is here already, and many countries are lifting their Covid restrictions. Apart from vacations, I am sure that all art lovers out there miss plunging into a hall full of beautiful works of art....
Islam in the Eyes of Osman HamdiMay 12, 2021
The first and last Orientalist painter of the Ottoman Empire is Osman Hamdi Bey. Born in modern day Turkey, educated in Paris, highly regarded as an intellectual, he depicts the Islamic society of his time with...
Rothko: Eternal Symbols of LifeApril 30, 2021
When you say Rothko, you think of large paintings of colorful rectangular form with frayed edges, horizontal, sometimes vertical as well, floating on a background of color. These are the most analyzed, re-evaluated, and debated works...
- Masterpiece of the Week: Mithras Slaying the Bull
- 14 Famous “Vogue” Covers Created by Famous Artists
- Four Women Impressionists You Shouldn’t Forget
- Artistic Patronage of Akbar the Great
- Barbara Hepworth: Sculptor of Archaic Wonders
- Diego Rivera’s Life in Self-Portraits
- Painting Of The Week – John Everett Millais, Ophelia
- Everything You Should Know About Islamic Art
- This Article Is Only About Cheese in Painting
- Eid Al-Adha — Seven Beautiful Mosques Around the World