All posts tagged "featured"
Robert S. Duncanson: African-American Painter in the SpotlightFebruary 27, 2021
Nearly 150 years after his death, African-American landscape painter Robert S. Duncanson made headlines last month....
What did the Artists from ‘Midnight in Paris’ Look Like in Real Life? 19th CenturyFebruary 27, 2021
In Woody Allen’s 2011 Midnight in Paris, Owen Wilson plays a nostalgic screenwriter who somehow finds...
What did the Artists from ‘Midnight in Paris’ Look Like in Real Life?February 26, 2021
In Woody Allen’s 2011 film, Midnight in Paris, Owen Wilson plays a nostalgic screenwriter who somehow...
Brothers in Arts: Afro-American Artists Charles White and Kerry J. MarshallFebruary 25, 2021
In 2019 the auction house Sotheby’s sold Kerry James Marshall’s painting Vignette 19 for $16 million. That’s...
19th Century Parisian Advertising Posters on the 21st Century WallsFebruary 25, 2021
Parisian advertising posters have proven to be an essential element of the retro aesthetic. Reminiscent of...
- Jozef Mehoffer – Strange Garden
- Painting of the Week: Fede Galizia, A Glass Compote with Peaches, Jasmine Flowers, Quinces and a Grasshopper
- 5 Positive Effects of Art on Mental Health
- Art Saved My Life! An Alternative Look at the Mental Health of Vincent van Gogh
- #MeToo and the Medusa Myth
- Meet Asparagus, the King of Vegetables! Not Just for Vegetarians
- 10 Most Beautiful Artistic Flower Arrangements for Spring
- The Fabulous Sculpture and Mysterious Life of Edmonia Lewis
- Michelangelo’s Pieta: An Ode to the Sublime
- Painting of the Week: Rembrandt van Rijn, Flora