Stories By Anastasia Tsaleza
Five Women Artists Whose Works Were Misattributed to MenMay 26, 2020
“Why have there been no great female artists?” continues to be a question that pops up all too often. The response can be succinctly summarized like this: female artists have existed for centuries, but we just...
Augusta Savage: The Woman Who Defined 20th Century SculptureApril 24, 2020
Harlem Renaissance – or, as its very pioneers called it, the New Negro Movement – familiarized the public with names now mainstream in the collective consciousness, like Langston Hughes and Zora Neale Hurston. Luminaries such as...
Art State of Mind
7 Entertaining Art History Podcasts to Listen toApril 2, 2020
As we all scrabble to deal with the consequences of a pandemic, the least we can do is stay at home. And while social distancing, self-isolating and quarantining can be lonely and difficult times, with podcasts...
The Timeless Prints of William Morris & the Arts and Crafts MovementMarch 31, 2020
If you are stuck at home these days, you are probably looking for ways to spruce up your home. By extension, that means you are in dire need of some interior design inspiration. Now, more than...
5 Modern Women Artists to KnowMarch 14, 2020
When we think of modern women artists, certain names immediately come to mind. For instance, anyone can name Frida Kahlo, and the more well-read will even mention names like Leonora Carrington or Hilma af Klint. However,...
- The Scandalous Nudes of Gustave Courbet
- The Story of Vincent van Gogh’s Bedroom And Its Three Versions
- Where is the Queen? Black Women in Western Art
- Blue Like Me: The Art of Siona Benjamin
- Symbolism In Victorian Art
- 5 Greatest Baroque Painters And Their Work
- Hieronymus Bosch’s Creepy Owls
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Painting of the Week: Vincent Van Gogh, Almond Blossom
- Plague in Art: 10 Paintings You Should Know in the Times of Coronavirus