Disney Figures in Art that Make You Think TwiceOctober 25, 2019
Who doesn’t like Disney characters? They are cute, sweet, and adorable. They also represent an ideal image and simplify our world view. That’s fine in children’s movies, but some artists use Disney characters to portray their criticism of...
The Art of Latin American LetteringApril 15, 2019
Latin American lettering is a legacy of craft-based traditions with a strong design and vibrant colors enhanced by an aesthetic with a rich indigenous identity and history. Cartelismo Popular Craft in the USA and Europe are different than in...
What Does Matrix Have to Do with Lace? NeSpoon’s Street Art ExplainsFebruary 26, 2019
NeSpoon is a street artist who combines ceramics, lace and graffiti in her work. She travels the world and decorates old buildings or run-down street corners with her characteristic crochet-patterned murals and pottery panels. But what does NeSpoon’s...
The Writing on the Wall. Banksy’s Unauthorized ExhibitionJanuary 30, 2019
From when we wake up to when we go to sleep, one week over to the next, our lives line up in a series of routines and responsibilities, giving rhythm to our collective existence which is punctuated only...
Meet Tel Aviv’s Street ArtistsDecember 18, 2018
Tel Aviv is home to many great art institutions, for example the Tel Aviv Museum. But it also hosts local artists who boldly turn streets into their own art galleries. Most of them are working under a pseudonym...
The Story Of Collingwood Mural of Keith HaringMay 8, 2018
In 1984 American artist Keith Haring visited Australia and created a mural in Collingwood, Melbourne. This is the story of the mural, at what was then the Collingwood Technical School, which is now one of only 31 known murals...
Banksy Protests Turkish Artist’s Imprisonment With A New Mural in NYCMarch 19, 2018
Banksy, probably the most famous and political engaged graffiti artist in the world stroke again – this time in New York City with two new works painted on NYC’s walls. The first, unveiled via his official Instagram account, depicts...
- Edgar Degas and His Most Beautiful Ballerinas
- Fifty Shades of Dr. Pozzi
- HERE: Black in Rembrandt’s Time. Rembrandthuis Decolonizes
- Botero and His Characteristic Chubby Style: Boterism
- Autumn Moon in Japanese Woodblock Prints
- Nighthawks as Memes – Edward Hopper’s Best Renditions
- The Lifelike Death Fayum Portraits of Roman Egypt
- Painting of the Week: Firs Zhuravlev, A Fashionista Wife
- The Origin of the World and the Female Gaze
- Where Is Van Gogh’s Biggest Art Collection Outside of Amsterdam? In the Kröller-Müller Museum!
- Traversing the Unseen: Interview with Multi-Media Artist Sara Osebold
- Frida Kahlo And The Symbolism In Her Art
- Kyra Nijinsky: Portrait of a Dancer
- “They Are Black Because I’m Not White” Portraits By Lynette Yiadom-Boakye
- The Forgotten Couturier Elsa Schiaparelli: Surrealism, Art and Revolutionary Fashion