Stories By Arianna Richetti
It’s True, It’s True, It’s True: Artemisia on Trial Goes Online!May 16, 2020
With museums and theaters closed, drama and art are having a hard time during quarantine. However, both these sectors have the chance of reinventing themselves. That is what the theater company Breach had already done, ahead...
Five Translation Mistakes that Changed Art HistoryMay 14, 2020
Why did Michelangelo portray Moses with horns? Why are there monkeys in Giulio Romano’s Chamber of Giants? And why does the Nativity scene represent Jesus with an ox and a donkey? Well, these amongst others are...
Gerda Taro. The Girl with the LeicaApril 22, 2020
Have you ever heard of the photographer Gerda Taro? You may know her as Robert Capa‘s girlfriend and muse, and I’m sure you have heard of Capa at least once. Well, Helena Janeczek in her book...
Duchamp: The Art of the Possible – Interview with Francis M. NaumannMarch 10, 2020
Great news for our readers and art lovers: Duchamp: The Art of the Possible, a movie directed by Matthew Taylor and produced by Michelle Taylor, is available on iTunes and Amazon on March 10th! As well...
Art for Climate Change: Emily Carr, Odds and EndsJanuary 29, 2020
Art has always had the power to communicate all kinds of emotions; some paintings convey a sense of peace and quiet, while others can make us feel upset or uncomfortable. The latter give us awareness about...
Painting of the Week: Arthur Hughes, April LoveJanuary 5, 2020
Today’s Painting of the Week is April Love, 1855-1856, Arthur Hughes’ most celebrated artwork that embodies Pre-Raphaelites’ soul. Hughes and Pre-Raphaelites We consider April Love, made by Arthur Hughes (1832-1915) a Pre-Raphaelite painting. Though, the artist...
- 7 Things You Didn’t Know About Primavera by Botticelli
- Coffee, Tea, Beer… Drinks in Art for All Tastes!
- Here Comes the Sun… Sunrises for Hope in Art
- The Orientalism of Eugène Delacroix – Beware of the Colors!
- Ardhanarishvara – Androgynous Portrayal of Shiva and Parvati
- Lesbian Love and Sex in Art History
- 10 Best Portraits Of Édouard Manet
- 10 Cocktails Inspired by Art for Artsy Drinking
- Great Artists’ Dachshund Muses
- Artists’ Beloved Travel Destinations as Seen Through Their Art