All posts tagged "portrait"
5 Self-Portraits by Women Artists that You Probably Haven’t Seen (And You Should)August 13, 2020
When thinking of ‘a self-portrait’, the famous names and artworks of Dürer, Rembrandt, or Van Gogh probably...
Lady Anne Clifford: Portraits of a 17th Century FeministAugust 11, 2020
During the early modern period of European history (ca. 1500-1800), women experienced different freedoms depending on...
- The Erotic Potential of The Temptation of St. Anthony
- The Serene Beauty of a Pastoral Love: Daphnis and Chloé Paintings
- Tattoos – Ancient Ink to Modern Celebrity
- 10 Awesome Pairs of Shoes from the Victoria & Albert Collection
- Why Babies in Medieval Paintings Look Like Ugly Old Men
- A Capri Romance: John Singer Sargent and Rosina Fererra
- Dior AW 2020-21: Deconstructing Art References
- Rethinking the Word “Muse” in the Arts
- The Met Gala and Beyond: Fashion and Art
- Real Gray’s Anatomy. Medical Illustration from an Artistic Genre to a Profession