Bold Is Beautiful – a Guide to Spotting a Ravinder Reddy SculptureJuly 20, 2019
Ravinder Reddy (b. 1956) is a contemporary Indian sculptor. His sculptures of women are now some of the most recognisable examples of contemporary South Asian Art. He studied in Vadodara, India, and also in Britain. Since the 1980s his...
Wishes & Streams: Trevi Fountain in RomeJuly 4, 2019
With another heat wave hitting Europe this summer, I was reminded of my visit to Rome during the last heat wave with crowds clamoring around fountains and spouts around the city. The most crowded and famous being the...
The Beginning of a New World at Kröller-Müller MuseumJune 20, 2019
The Beginning of a new World: The Development of Modern Sculpture is the newest exhibition at the Kröller-Müller Museum in Otterlo, Netherlands. It pays tribute to the unique vision and incredible sculptural acquisitions of Bram Hammacher, the museum’s...
Celebrating the Male Body in Renaissance FlorenceJune 17, 2019
The adoration of a male body was an inspiration for many artists and there’s no medium better suited to presenting the full beauty and complexity of it than sculpture. Today we’ll take a look at the works by...
Pentelic Splendour: The Erechtheion CaryatidsJune 3, 2019
I visited Athens, Greece in the summer of 2016. Naturally a visit to the Acropolis was mandatory, and it was as beautiful and epic as you can imagine. One of the most striking sights was the six Caryatids...
Brass Heads, Coral Beads, And Ivory: Art from the Kingdom of BeninMay 16, 2019
Today we’ll go back in time to around 1500s when the wealth of Benin kingdom (in contemporary Nigeria) was at its peak: when Europeans traded with Benin spices, palm kernels, gum, brass, ivory, shells, or arms; when art...
In Silent Expectation – Another Place by Antony GormleyMay 11, 2019
Driving out of Liverpool, past run-down warehouses and dockside cranes, I wonder if I’ve taken a wrong turn. But 10 minutes later I see signs to ‘Another Place’ and pull in to a desolate, wind-whipped car park next...
- Gustave Caillebotte’s Urban Intimacy
- Seven Haunting Town Paintings by Egon Schiele
- Just Married: Wedding Paintings Which Will Secure You A Happy Future Together
- Painting of the Week – In the Studio by William Merritt Chase
- Do You “Pronkstill”Even? Social Media Of The Dutch Golden Age
- Why Is St Sebastian A Gay Icon?
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- The Pornographic World of Egon Schiele’s Nudes (18+)
- Painting of the Week: Diego Velázquez, The Rokeby Venus
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know