Five Indian Modern SculptorsSeptember 7, 2019
Modernism in India did straddle, sneaking lopsided avenue from the ancient to the present. The post-colonial art is typically mentioned as Modern art because many Indian artists had begun their sojourn of westernised abstract expressionism. India became independent...
Henry Moore’s SheepSeptember 6, 2019
Henry Spencer Moore was an English sculptor and artist. His forms are usually abstract human figures, often depicting mother-and-child or reclining figures. His sculptures can be found across the world. Although his primary role was as a sculptor, there...
All These Knights in Shining Armour. Funerary Art of Medieval EnglandSeptember 2, 2019
What do Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck have in common with a tiny village in Lincolnshire, England? Say “Disney” and you get suspiciously close to “d’Isigny”. And there it is, the connection we are looking for. When in...
An Introduction to Lee UfanAugust 21, 2019
Lee Ufan is a Korean born international artist, whose work is key to the Mono-ha movement. If you have ever been lucky enough to encounter a Lee Ufan in real life you will appreciate its power to bring...
TAKIS: the Greek Genius that Altered the Course of Post-war SculptureAugust 15, 2019
After Takis’ passing away on 9 August 2019, and with his largest exhibition yet in the UK at Tate, it is important to know about the great Greek artist who changed everything about the way we conceive the...
Turquoise: Art, Culture and Myth of a GemstoneJuly 27, 2019
The bright blue-green Turquoise has been valued and revered for centuries by all the cultures around the world that had access to it. Several original sources of the stone are now long gone, having been mined to remove...
Japan’s Art Island – NaoshimaJuly 23, 2019
Over the next year Japan will be hosting the Rugby World Cup and the 2020 Olympics, expecting visitors from all over the world. If you’re an art lover, who is also planning a trip to Japan, you should...
- The Black And White World Of Felix Vallotton’s Prints
- Kandinsky’s World of Russian Fairy Tales
- Autumn Moon In Japanese Woodblock Prints
- The Hudson River School: Celebrating Nature, American-Style
- When Romanticism Meets Eruptions: Volcanoes in Paintings
- The Best of Leda And A Swan Paintings
- Painting of the Week: Giotto, Ognissanti Madonna
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Open to Influences – Arthur Hacker and his Mary with Many Qualities