Celebrating Beauty and Horror: The Sculptures of Javier PérezMarch 24, 2021
Javier Pérez is a postwar contemporary multimedia artist. He does performance art, photography, and sculpture. His ideas move in a circular motive, reflecting on mortality, light, and darkness, metamorphosis, stability and fragility. Specifically, his sculptures are quite haunting...
From Love to Art: Anna Hyatt Huntington, an American SculptorMarch 23, 2021
A pioneering female sculptor of the 20th century, Anna Hyatt Huntington created artworks that are still visible all over New York City. Here are some of the most famous. Anna Hyatt Huntington Anna Hyatt Huntington (1876-1973) was born...
Art and Ritual: Culture of the Enigmatic Moche PeopleMarch 18, 2021
The Moche were an ancient, indigenous people of Andean Peru. They are considered to be one of the most influential civilizations of the ancient Americas. Through their art, they conveyed the stories of their people and their beliefs....
The Wonder and Glory of Medieval Portable ShrinesMarch 9, 2021
For devoted Christians, a portable shrine provided an immediate and intimate way to connect to a higher power within a monastic space or the privacy of one’s home. Portable shrines were small-scale, ritual objects with movable parts that...
Michelangelo’s Pieta: An Ode to the SublimeFebruary 23, 2021
The Pietà – or Virgin of Pity – is the representation of the Blessed Virgin holding her divine son on her knees. This iconic type entered Italy after having spread to France and in Germany from the 14th...
The Most Iconic Sculptures by Richard SerraFebruary 22, 2021
Richard Serra is an American artist and sculptor involved in the Process Art Movement. He often constructs site-specific installations, made out of fiberglass, rubber, and most frequently steel on a scale that dwarfs the observer. His site-specific works challenge...
A Luxurious Desire: Ancient Near Eastern Ivory CarvingsFebruary 18, 2021
The allure of ivory, a lustrous material that when polished gleams and glows, exuding warmth and a mysterious beauty. Near Eastern ivory carvings are eerily seductive and hauntingly beautiful. Imagine the thrill of finding such exquisite artifacts. These...
- Mothers in Art: DailyArt’s Celebration of Mother’s Day
- Lise Tréhot. The Mysterious Beauty from Renoir’s Paintings
- Aubrey Beardsley: Sharp Blacks and Whites of the Victorian Era
- The Stunning Botanical Art of Barbara Regina Dietzsch
- Artemisia Gentileschi: The Rape Survivor And Her Revenge
- 5 Swedish Pioneering Female Photographers You Should Get to Know
- Wronged Royal Wives – British Scandal and Heartbreak Through the Centuries
- Janet Sobel: the Forgotten Female Artist Who Influenced Jackson Pollock
- Zdzisław Beksiński’s Passion for Music
- Six Wives Of Henry VIII in Portraits