The Bugatti Brothers: A Story About Cars and CowsAugust 29, 2020
Nowadays Bugatti is a legendary company in the field of automobile technology. However, few people know the history of the man behind the trademark, and even more interesting, the family behind the name. Meet the Bugatti brothers! A...
Interview: Soumya Netrabile, A Contemporary Abstract PainterAugust 25, 2020
Soumya Netrabile (b. 1966) is a contemporary abstract painter and ceramist based in the Chicago area of the United States. Her paintings are a fusion of anatomical, organic, and plant forms that build imaginary landscapes with a color...
Monument Women: Die Prinzessinnengruppe by SchadowJuly 27, 2020
An unassuming and charming statue group, the Prinzessinnengruppe (Princess Group) 1795-1797, depicting Prussian Princesses Louise and Frederike, by Johann Gottfried Schadow is filled with a fascinating history. Marveled during its day, it was hidden away and forgotten for...
Valentine Schlegel: Sculptor of Organic AbstractionJuly 24, 2020
Sculptor, ceramist, artist, teacher. Valentine Schlegel was a headstrong individual with fervent, creative independence who carved out her own path in history. Despite these achievements, her work was kept in the dark until just a few years ago....
Chiharu Shiota’s Installation Art: Drawing in the AirJuly 2, 2020
Berlin-based artist Chiharu Shiota creates monumental artworks that immerse the visitor in a tangled web of their own imagination. Delicate yarn installations, filling a gallery space, move you from creation to death, and almost impossibly, beyond.
- The Erotic Potential of The Temptation of St. Anthony
- The Serene Beauty of a Pastoral Love: Daphnis and Chloé Paintings
- Tattoos – Ancient Ink to Modern Celebrity
- 10 Awesome Pairs of Shoes from the Victoria & Albert Collection
- Why Babies in Medieval Paintings Look Like Ugly Old Men
- A Capri Romance: John Singer Sargent and Rosina Fererra
- Dior AW 2020-21: Deconstructing Art References
- Rethinking the Word “Muse” in the Arts
- The Met Gala and Beyond: Fashion and Art
- Real Gray’s Anatomy. Medical Illustration from an Artistic Genre to a Profession