The Lifelike Death Fayum Portraits of Roman EgyptFebruary 28, 2017
After the defeat of Mark Antony and Cleopatra by Octavian in 30 BCE, Egypt became a province of the Roman Empire. Romans trickled into their new African territory and assimilated well within the existing culture. That is to...
A Woman With A Knife – The Story of LucretiaOctober 16, 2016
If you see a woman with a knife on a painting – think Lucretia. Lucretia was an ancient Roman woman whose fate played a vital role in the transition from the Roman Kingdom to the Roman Republic. Her suicide...
- Moondance. Full Moon in Painting
- Take a Trip with Rosemary Ellis
- Painting Parenthood – Artists’ Children Depicted by Their Mothers
- Disruptive Because Pretty: Art Guide To Aestheticism
- Caravaggio, The Musicians
- Why Is St Sebastian A Gay Icon?
- Explore the Unknown World of Klimt’s Landscapes
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Van Gogh’s Sunflowers at the Van Gogh Museum
- Britain At Twilight: John Atkinson Grimshaw’s Landscapes