Stories By Marga Patterson
Valentine Schlegel: Sculptor of Organic AbstractionJuly 24, 2020
Sculptor, ceramist, artist, teacher. Valentine Schlegel was a headstrong individual with fervent, creative independence who carved out her own path in history. Despite these achievements, her work was kept in the dark until just a few...
The Rhythmic Spaces of Savin CouëlleJuly 16, 2020
Architect Savin Couëlle’s organic designs go beyond extensions of the natural landscape. He creates a feeling of being one with nature. Couëlle designs living spaces that are actually alive. He integrates raw, natural materials into his...
The Curious Lure and Strange Beauty of Ancient Anatomical VotivesJune 12, 2020
Eerie, mysterious, and fascinating, ancient anatomical votives represent literal parts of people’s past. When most people think of a votive object, a beautiful statue might come to mind, not an anonymous pair of ears or a...
- 15 Cats in Art History Every Cat Lover Would Love
- The Eyes Have It: The Moai of Easter Island
- The Sacred Cats of Ancient Egypt
- Lee Krasner, Much More than a Muse
- Art History 101: Twelve Portraits You Should Know
- Can You Spot the Cat? Cats Hidden in Famous Paintings
- Let’s Ride a Tiger! Escape into the Exotic with Henri Rousseau
- 10 National Museum in Warsaw Highlights You Need to Know
- Maneki Neko – Those Lucky Cats (NSFW)
- Emeralds in Ten Exquisite Artifacts