Camille Claudel: Love, Despair, and Auguste RodinMay 23, 2021
There is a common saying that behind every great man, there is a great woman. It was no exception for the legendary sculptor, generally considered the progenitor of modern sculpture, Auguste Rodin. Meet the great Camille Claudel. The Story...
Masterpiece of the Week: Cupid & Psyche by Antonio CanovaMay 16, 2021
A true gem of virtuosity, Psyche Revived by Cupid’s Kiss is a marble scupture made between 1787 and 1793 by Antonio Canova. The sculptor portrayed the loving embrace of two major characters from Greek mythology: Love, or Cupid...
Medieval Love Story: King Pedro and Inês de CastroMay 15, 2021
Every country has its legends and fairytales, and Portugal is no exception. One of the most well-known Portuguese tales is a love story about King Pedro of Portugal and Inês de Castro. Their relationship did not end as...
5 Mythical Love Stories Depicted in ArtMay 10, 2021
Mythical love stories are some of the greatest ever told, capturing the hearts of many generations. They have been recreated in sculpture, retold in literature, acted out in theaters and depicted in oil paintings. 1. Alcyone and Ceyx...
Women in Rossetti’s Life and Art: Muses and LoversApril 1, 2021
Anyone who knows of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood will remember their style by the representation of a very particular type of women – the ones with angular facial features, prominent jawline, straight nose, voluminous hair – the type of...
Lovebirds and Life Partners – Famous Artist CouplesFebruary 14, 2021
Al Green famously sang Let’s Stay Together but artists are notorious for tempestuous relationships that end badly. But hey, it’s Valentine’s – so let’s look at some famous artist couples who make us believe in true love! Rare...
Just Married: Wedding Paintings which Will Secure a Happy Future TogetherFebruary 13, 2021
Is it only me, or do you also find yourself seeing all those happy photos of your friends/acquaintances getting married while scrolling your Facebook feed? Feels like I’m becoming a second Bridget Jones, “all by myself”… Anyway, since...
- The Night — Ten Beautiful Nocturne Paintings
- Eyewitness to Space: The NASA Art Program
- DailyArt Magazine Turns Four! Our Impressions of the Impressionists
- Divine Beauty of Landscapes: California on Canvas
- 5 Best DailyArt Magazine Articles As Selected By Our Readers
- Happy Birthday Gustav Klimt! 5 Things You Need To Know About Him
- Pure Happiness, Fun, and Joy in Jan Steen’s Paintings
- Cheer Me Up! 10 Funniest DailyArt Magazine Articles Ever
- The Unbelievable Story of Killer Rabbits in Medieval Manuscripts
- The Dutch Master of Selfies: Rembrandt’s 6 Magnificent Self-Portraits