You’ve Got Mail! Read the Personal Letters of Great ArtistsMay 16, 2020
Do you ever look at a work of art and wonder, how does the person behind it think? We always want to feel closer to the artists we admire. That is why we visit the places they once...
Eleonora Ragusa or O’Tama Kiyohara: Japanese Painter in SicilyApril 14, 2020
Italy still holds so many secrets to me! One of such secrets was O’Tama Kiyohara (later Eleonora Ragusa), a woman so brave to leave her homeland for her husband and so ambitious to found a Japanese art school...
René Magritte: Lovers in SeparationMarch 30, 2020
Now, while we are all being asked to practice social distancing, you have probably been bombarded with the paintings of lovers by René Magritte. Magritte’s surreal style is unmistakable, his wit is well-known but his depictions of love...
Nefertiti as a Beauty IconMarch 26, 2020
Nefertiti is a beauty icon and one of the most powerful women who inspires us throughout centuries. Responding to the rhythms of the age, she seized the opportunities of her time. But Nefertiti also left us with many...
Lady in Blue: Yelizaveta Martynova, Ill-Fated Russian Female ArtistMarch 6, 2020
Can you name some female artists, and from Russia in particular? It’s difficult even for those who are really into art. This article tells the story of one of four women who entered the Imperial Academy of Arts...
An Ode to the Kiss in ArtFebruary 14, 2020
It’s that time of year again where cute candy hearts and boxes of chocolate line the supermarket shelves. Children hand out cute valentine cards to their friends; we make plans with loved ones or friends for a fun...
Jane Morris. A Pre-Raphaelite Muse and ArtistFebruary 8, 2020
Jane Morris (1839–1914) was an English embroiderer and artists’ model who embodied the Pre-Raphaelite ideal of beauty. She was a model and muse to her husband William Morris and Dante Gabriel Rossetti. The Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood Three rebellious young...
- Coffee, Tea, Beer… Drinks in Art for All Tastes!
- 10 Best Portraits Of Édouard Manet
- The Orientalism of Eugène Delacroix – Beware of the Colors!
- Here Comes the Sun… Sunrises for Hope in Art
- Lesbian Love and Sex in Art History
- Ardhanarishvara – Androgynous Portrayal of Shiva and Parvati
- Artists’ Beloved Travel Destinations as Seen Through Their Art
- Cute Babies in Art: From Rubens to Cassatt
- A Capri Romance: John Singer Sargent and Rosina Fererra
- Julia Margaret Cameron. The Queen of Pre-Raphaelite Photography