The Most Important Day! Wedding Inspiration in ArtJune 9, 2021
Weddings have provided many skilled artists an avenue to flaunt their talents by portraying the complexities and intricacies of this age-old tradition. Though wedding traditions differ from region to region and between social classes, the air of romance and...
Jeanne Hébuterne: Loving Modigliani – a new novel by Linda LappinMay 24, 2021
With her dark hair, pale skin, and light blue eyes, affectionately called “noix-de-coco” (coconut) by friends, Jeanne Hèbuterne (1898-1920) is most known for her intense and tragic relationship with Amedeo Modigliani. Yet she was also a budding artist,...
Camille Claudel: Love, Despair, and Auguste RodinMay 23, 2021
There is a common saying that behind every great man, there is a great woman. It was no exception for the legendary sculptor, generally considered the progenitor of modern sculpture, Auguste Rodin. Meet the great Camille Claudel. The Story...
Masterpiece of the Week: Cupid & Psyche by Antonio CanovaMay 16, 2021
A true gem of virtuosity, Psyche Revived by Cupid’s Kiss is a marble scupture made between 1787 and 1793 by Antonio Canova. The sculptor portrayed the loving embrace of two major characters from Greek mythology: Love, or Cupid...
Medieval Love Story: King Pedro and Inês de CastroMay 15, 2021
Every country has its legends and fairytales, and Portugal is no exception. One of the most well-known Portuguese tales is a love story about King Pedro of Portugal and Inês de Castro. Their relationship did not end as...
5 Mythical Love Stories Depicted in ArtMay 10, 2021
Mythical love stories are some of the greatest ever told, capturing the hearts of many generations. They have been recreated in sculpture, retold in literature, acted out in theaters and depicted in oil paintings. 1. Alcyone and Ceyx...
Women in Rossetti’s Life and Art: Muses and LoversApril 1, 2021
Anyone who knows of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood will remember their style by the representation of a very particular type of women – the ones with angular facial features, prominent jawline, straight nose, voluminous hair – the type of...
- The Summer Feels So Far Away! – Ten Beaches in Art
- How to Show Music in Paintings? Best Depictions of Music in Art
- How Galileo Galilei Changed the Moon Forever
- All You Need to Know About the Lascaux Cave
- Gustav Klimt’s Lost and Found Viennese Beauty – Lady with Fan
- Alphonse Mucha: Art Nouveau Visionary at North Carolina Museum of Art
- Paintings in the Movie “The Accountant”
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Beyond the National Gallery and Tate: Best London Art Museums
- The Hidden Meanings of Nature in Čiurlionis’ Paintings