Summer Interior and Edward Hopper’s Women – Learning the Ropes of RomanceFebruary 13, 2019
Summer Interior: A solitary woman at the centre of an unknown crisis. Edward Hopper’s women appear frequently within his artwork. Most notably depicted as looking longingly out of windows, passively into their laps or as engaged in some...
An Avant-garde Love Story: Goncharova and Larionov’s RomanceFebruary 11, 2019
Valentine’s Day is coming up so it’s high time to get into the romantic mood. Since it’s already been our little tradition to feature a love story, this year can be no different and today I’ll show you...
Just Married: Wedding Paintings Which Will Secure You A Happy Future TogetherSeptember 11, 2018
Is it only me, or do you also find yourself seeing all those happy photos of your friends/acquaintances getting married while scrolling down your Facebook feed? Feels like I’m becoming a second Bridget Jones, “all by myself”… Anyway,...
Gilbert & George, Art And Love At First SightAugust 29, 2018
One day two young students, Gilbert Prousch and George Passmore, met at Central Saint Martins College of Art in London in 1967. It was love at first sight and they never separated again, whether in art or in...
King Pedro And Inês de Castro – What Life Took Apart, Death Put Back TogetherAugust 8, 2018
Every country has its legends and fairytales and Portugal is not an exception. One of the most known Portuguese tales is a love story about King Pedro of Portugal and Inês de Castro. Their relationship did not end...
Do You Watch ‘Love Island’? See This Art SpecialJune 19, 2018
At the moment, the annual summer show ‘Love Island’ on ITV is a top topic in the UK where I live. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, imagine a group of bikini-clad young girls and lads...
How To Break Up (And What To Do Next): 5 Love Tips From Brazilian Painter Belmiro de AlmeidaJune 12, 2018
Valentine’s Day is traditionally celebrated on February 14th, you know for sure. But, in the country where I live, Brazil, the date reserved for lovers is June 12th. On that day, couples meet, go to candlelit dinners and...
- Few Comments On Courbet’s Origin of the World
- Made for Reflection: Yayoi Kusama’s Narcissus Garden
- The Dreaming Youths: A Children’s Book That Parents Would Hide From Their Kids
- 11 Things You Might Not Know About Leonardo Da Vinci
- A Glimpse of Maritime Life in the Past in 7 Artworks
- Painting of the Week: Mary Cassatt, Little Girl in a Blue Armchair
- Rembrandt’s Light—Dulwich Picture Gallery
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- An Art Advent Calendar of Nativities
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)