The Love Affair of Radha and Krishna in ArtAugust 28, 2020
The love story of Radha and Krishna has been immortalized in art by poets, musicians, writers, and painters over the long history of Hinduism. The divine pair is often referred to as the single unit of “Radha Krishna” and...
The Ten Most Romantic Artworks About LoveAugust 24, 2020
Romantic artworks about love involve stolen kisses, intimate recollections, sleepy days, eternal devotion, and passionate embraces. They say love is an art. But what about love seen through art? Romantic artworks about love are numerous. There are have...
Enchanting World of the Russian Tale: Seven Disney Characters in Russian ArtAugust 3, 2020
All of us watched Disney cartoons in our childhood and many people re-watch them even into adulthood. However, the original plots appeared in early historical periods when tales took place only in verbal or written narrations. That is...
Lise Tréhot. The Mysterious Beauty from Renoir’s PaintingsAugust 2, 2020
Born into a humble French family, Lise Tréhot (1848–1922) was an artist’s model who posed exclusively for Pierre-Auguste Renoir (1841–1919). Lise posed for almost all of the female figures depicted by Renoir from 1866 until 1872. Incidentally, it...
5 Impressionist Gossips Which Will Make You Feel They Staged a Soap OperaJuly 31, 2020
I know, it is a bit rude to discuss private lives of people. But when it comes to the Impressionists, knowing their relationships, connections, sudden twists of fate, and often difficult characters makes the whole story about them...
The Artists are Present – Marina and UlayJune 17, 2020
Balkan performing artist Marina Abramovic was born in 1946 in Belgrade, Serbia. Ulay (Frank Uwe Laysiepen) was born on the same day as her, a few years earlier, in another place, Solingen, Germany. They met for the first...
The Temptress and the Slave in Art: Joseph and Potiphar’s WifeJune 7, 2020
The Old Testament story of Joseph and Potiphar’s wife has served as a great source of inspiration for artists over the centuries. This vivid composition conveys the despair and madness of Joseph’s dramatic flight from the clutches of...
- Edgar Degas and His Most Beautiful Ballerinas
- HERE: Black in Rembrandt’s Time. Rembrandthuis Decolonizes
- Fifty Shades of Dr. Pozzi
- Botero and His Characteristic Chubby Style: Boterism
- Where Is Van Gogh’s Biggest Art Collection Outside of Amsterdam? In the Kröller-Müller Museum!
- Painting of the Week: Firs Zhuravlev, A Fashionista Wife
- Autumn Moon in Japanese Woodblock Prints
- Famous Autumn Paintings Created by Famous Artists
- The Louvre Pyramid and 5 Other Art Museums Designed by Ieoh Ming Pei
- Allegories of Autumn – A Top Ten of Sensational Symbolic Artworks
- The Forgotten Couturier Elsa Schiaparelli: Surrealism, Art and Revolutionary Fashion
- Traversing the Unseen: Interview with Multi-Media Artist Sara Osebold
- Frida Kahlo And The Symbolism In Her Art
- Kyra Nijinsky: Portrait of a Dancer
- “They Are Black Because I’m Not White” Portraits By Lynette Yiadom-Boakye