All posts tagged "renaissance"
Painting of the Week: Artemisia Gentileschi, Self Portrait as Saint Catherine of AlexandriaMarch 24, 2019
Artemisia Gentileschi (1593 – c. 1656) was ‘one of the best Italian Baroque painters.’ Despite this, you...
The Surprising Career of Lavinia Fontana: Painter of Popes, Nudes, and NoblewomenNovember 23, 2018
There weren’t very many women able to become successful artists in Renaissance Europe. There were probably...
Florence’s Secret Spot: Colosso Dell’AppenninoOctober 20, 2018
A 30-minute drive from central Florence lies a true Tuscan secret: the sixteenth-century sculpture Colosso Dell’Appennino...
Let It Be: The Annunciation In Medieval And Renaissance Christian ArtAugust 28, 2018
Religious themes in art have prevailed throughout time. Whether it is Catholicism, Judaism, Islam, or Hinduism...
- The Black And White World Of Felix Vallotton’s Prints
- Kandinsky’s World of Russian Fairy Tales
- Autumn Moon In Japanese Woodblock Prints
- The Hudson River School: Celebrating Nature, American-Style
- When Romanticism Meets Eruptions: Volcanoes in Paintings
- The Best of Leda And A Swan Paintings
- Painting of the Week: Giotto, Ognissanti Madonna
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Open to Influences – Arthur Hacker and his Mary with Many Qualities