All posts tagged "renaissance"
Painting of the Week: Artemisia Gentileschi, Self Portrait as Saint Catherine of AlexandriaMarch 24, 2019
Artemisia Gentileschi (1593 – c. 1656) was ‘one of the best Italian Baroque painters.’ Despite this, you...
The Surprising Career of Lavinia Fontana: Painter of Popes, Nudes, and NoblewomenNovember 23, 2018
There weren’t very many women able to become successful artists in Renaissance Europe. There were probably...
Florence’s Secret Spot: Colosso Dell’AppenninoOctober 20, 2018
A 30-minute drive from central Florence lies a true Tuscan secret: the sixteenth-century sculpture Colosso Dell’Appennino...
Let It Be: The Annunciation In Medieval And Renaissance Christian ArtAugust 28, 2018
Religious themes in art have prevailed throughout time. Whether it is Catholicism, Judaism, Islam, or Hinduism...
- Edvard Munch’s Summer Nights
- The Flying Lovers, Bella and Marc Chagall
- Lakshmi in Art. The Goddess of Wealth
- Big Mr Sunshine: Portraits of Louis XIV
- Everything You Must Know About Suprematism and Kazimir Malevich
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Five Cool Modern And Contemporary Artworks In The Stedelijk Museum Collection
- 5 Fleshy Sculptures That Could Come To Life
- Few Comments On Courbet’s Origin of the World
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)