All posts tagged "renaissance"
Painting of the Week: Artemisia Gentileschi, Self Portrait as Saint Catherine of AlexandriaMarch 24, 2019
Artemisia Gentileschi (1593 – c. 1656) was ‘one of the best Italian Baroque painters.’ Despite this, you...
The Surprising Career of Lavinia Fontana: Painter of Popes, Nudes, and NoblewomenNovember 23, 2018
There weren’t very many women able to become successful artists in Renaissance Europe. There were probably...
Florence’s Secret Spot: Colosso Dell’AppenninoOctober 20, 2018
A 30-minute drive from central Florence lies a true Tuscan secret: the sixteenth-century sculpture Colosso Dell’Appennino...
Let It Be: The Annunciation In Medieval And Renaissance Christian ArtAugust 28, 2018
Religious themes in art have prevailed throughout time. Whether it is Catholicism, Judaism, Islam, or Hinduism...
- Julie Manet – the Beauty of Impressionism
- The Dystopian Surrealism of Zdzislaw Beksinski
- The Gift of Pomona – Pears in Art
- Aftermath: Art in the Wake of World War One
- Representation vs Reality: Artists Portrayed in Midnight in Paris. Part I
- Mantegna and Bellini – Brothers in Art?
- 15 Must-See Art Exhibitions in 2020
- Everything You Should Know About Orientalism
- The Festival of Diwali Through Art
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)