All posts tagged "rembrandt"
Two Men, Police Uniforms, and Some Duct Tape: The Biggest Art Heist in History After 30 Years of Active InvestigationsOctober 19, 2020
Two men, police uniforms and some duct tape; this is how Rick Abath and Randy Hestand,...
Art State of Mind
Fine Art in Rap Music: Eight Painters that Rappers Like To Be Compared ToMay 30, 2020
Full of metaphors, double meanings, and references to popular culture – from cinema to literature, and...
Are people on Respirators Really Thinking About Rembrandt? – Jim Dine on His Show at Galerie Templon, Personal Histories and the Role of Art in Crisis (or Not)May 19, 2020
As Galerie Templon wrap up a retrospective exhibition of his iconic prints, we interview Jim Dine....
- How Art Saved His Life: Story of Horace Pippin
- Edgar Degas and New Orleans’ Paintings
- 5 Impressionist Gossips Which Will Make You Feel They Staged a Soap Opera
- The Pornographic World of Egon Schiele’s Nudes (18+)
- 15 Things You May Not Know About The Night Watch by Rembrandt
- Ancient Bikini Girls from the Roman Mosaics
- Perseus and the Head of Medusa – A Very Florentine Story
- Clark Art Institute Highlights
- The Lost Portrait of Henry VIII: Art in Service of Power
- Art History 101: Self-Portraits You Should Know
- Roll up, Roll up, for the Greatest Show on Earth! Jeanne Mount and Her Circus Mosaics
- Painting of the Week: Rachel Ruysch, Vase with Flowers
- Elena Luksch-Makowsky: From St. Petersburg, through Vienna to Hamburg
- Mirror Mosaics and Monir Shahroudy Farmanfarmaian
- The Forgotten Couturier Elsa Schiaparelli: Surrealism, Art and Revolutionary Fashion