Expressionism: Artists, Paintings, and Everything You Need to Know About the Art MovementNovember 14, 2020
Expressionism developed the ideas of Post-Impressionism and became another prominent trend in the history of art. Some of its most remarkable representatives were Ernst Ludwig Kirchner, Vasyl Kandinsky, Franz Marc, Paul Klee, August Macke, Emil Nolde, and Oskar...
Louis Wain and His Weird CatsNovember 9, 2020
The British artist Louis Wain was a highly successful illustrator, mainly known for his humorous graphics of cats. His quirky feline pictures were so popular that almost every household at the beginning of the 20th century had at least one...
The Mysterious Pinturas Negras Reveal Goya’s Darkest SecretsNovember 9, 2020
There are already several articles that treat in detail the life and works of Francisco Goya. If you want to learn about his career or most famous works, look them up in our magazine because here we’ll dig...
Miyatake Gaikotsu and his Puzzling PostcardsNovember 4, 2020
At the beginning of the 20th century, when Japan started embracing the West and rapid industrialization of almost all aspects of life, Miyatake Gaikotsu (funnily enough, gaikotsu means ‘skull/skeleton’ in Japanese) was the one who questioned and interpreted...
Halloween Special: Horror in ArtOctober 31, 2020
Horror isn’t an element only of the movies or literature. Artists throughout time have painted repulsive and ghastly themes. For example, a lovely man is eating his own son passionately, a beautiful lady is beheading her enemy, a...
Top 10 Weird Christian RelicsOctober 30, 2020
Heads, shoulders, knees, and toes… Saintly toes? The variety of saintly relics really offers it all. I hope all of this is not too morbid for you. We do have a lot of articles about nice things, like...
The Art of Mia Makila: 13 Important QuestionsOctober 30, 2020
Viewing the art of Mia Makila is like walking into a labyrinthine psyche masquerading as a shop. You open the door, the bell rings, and you realise that you’re the only customer. This shop only accepts one customer...
- Kiyohara Yukinobu: Sublime Female Painter of the Kano School
- Hiroshige’s Winter Views of Edo
- Everything You Must Know About Suprematism and Kazimir Malevich
- Winter in Paris: Gustave Caillebotte, Rooftops in the Snow
- DailyArt Magazine Turns Four! Our Impressions of the Impressionists
- Native American Art from Donald Ellis Gallery at the Frieze Viewing Room
- Visit in Madrid or Online: The Thyssen-Bornemisza National Museum
- The Best Autumn Foods in Still-Life Paintings
- The Art Of Thanksgiving By Norman Rockwell
- Stendhal Syndrome – The Art Fans Sickness