Abstract Expressionism 101: Everything You Need To KnowApril 27, 2021
Abstract Expressionism is an art movement that emerged in the USA in the 1940s and 1950s. Some of its most prominent artists are Jackson Pollock, Mark Rothko, Willem de Kooning, and Barnett Newman. Even though it is not...
Best Bums in Art HistoryApril 25, 2021
When nothing goes according to plan and you’re feeling down, there are many pick-me-ups like meeting friends, eating chocolate, or going on a walk. But I guess there is one more pick-me-up when all the other things fail:...
Titian Revisited: Grand Old Man of the Renaissance or Dirty Old Man?April 24, 2021
Titian’s sensuous interpretation of Classical myths of love, temptation, and punishment came together for the first time in nearly 500 years, at the National Gallery in London in 2020. The exhibition Titian: Love, Desire, Death was open for...
Viennese Actionism: Between the Bestial and the SublimeApril 23, 2021
Naked bodies, violence, and destructive art. The term Viennese Actionism refers to a radical and explicit form of performance art that developed in the Austrian capital during the 1960s. Mainly consisting of four members which through their performances...
Does My Bum Look Big in This? The Female Body in ArtApril 22, 2021
From Kylie to the Kardashians, bums seem to be big news. But that’s not modern selfie culture – the female body, especially buttocks have been a symbol of fertility and beauty since early human history and this is...
Celebrating the Male Body in Renaissance FlorenceApril 21, 2021
The adoration of the male body was an inspiration for many artists and there is no medium better suited to presenting the full beauty and complexity of it than sculpture. Today we will take a look at works...
Body in the Art of David Hammons and Laura AguilarApril 21, 2021
David Hammons: Body Prints, 1968-1979, at The Drawing Center (closes May 23) and Laura Aguilar: Show and Tell at the Leslie-Lohman Museum of Art (closes June 27) are currently on view at institutions just steps away from each...
- Mothers in Art: DailyArt’s Celebration of Mother’s Day
- Lise Tréhot. The Mysterious Beauty from Renoir’s Paintings
- The State Russian Museum Highlights
- Cute Babies in Art: From Rubens to Cassatt
- The Bust of Nefertiti: Ancient Masterpiece or Genius Hoax?
- Artemisia Gentileschi: The Rape Survivor And Her Revenge
- ALL Art In BoJack Horseman We Could Find Gathered In One Place (6th Season Update)
- Madame de Pompadour: The Queen of Arts in Portraits
- 4 Artists Who Suffered from Mental Illness (and How It Affected Their Art)
- 5 Mythical Love Stories Depicted in Art