An Introduction to Lee UfanAugust 21, 2019
Lee Ufan is a Korean born international artist, whose work is key to the Mono-ha movement. If you have ever been lucky enough to encounter a Lee Ufan in real life you will appreciate its power to bring...
Japan’s Art Island – NaoshimaJuly 23, 2019
Over the next year Japan will be hosting the Rugby World Cup and the 2020 Olympics, expecting visitors from all over the world. If you’re an art lover, who is also planning a trip to Japan, you should...
Autumn Moon In Japanese Woodblock PrintsSeptember 28, 2018
Anyone living in the Northern Hemisphere looked up in the sky in the past couple of days? I did, mostly to admire the full moon which brought to Venice the first cold winds, an obvious sign that summer...
All You Must Know About Japanese Erotic Art, Shunga (18+)February 16, 2017
“Ukiyo-e” pictures, pictures of the “floating world.” are famous among everyone interested in art history. Everyone knows Hokusai’s “The Great Wave of Kanagawa”. “Ukiyo-e” became also very popular among artists from the second half of the 19th century. With their...
Japanese Woodblock Prints Ukiyo-e With Snow And WinterDecember 21, 2016
Woodblock prints were initially used as early as the eighth century in Japan to disseminate texts, especially Buddhist scriptures In 1765, new technology made it possible to produce single-sheet prints in a whole range of colors. Woodblock printing had...
Hokusai’s (Thirty) Six Views of Mount FujiAugust 11, 2016
Everyone knows The Great Wave off Kanagawa, the print created by the Japanese ukiyo-e artist Katsushika Hokusai. But not everyone knows that The Great Wave comes from a series of forty six prints, depicting the views of Mount Fuji from different locations...
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- 10 Best Movies Related to Art for Time Spent in Quarantine
- 10 Art Masterpieces to Calm Your Anxiety
- Amrita Sher-Gil – The India’s Frida Kahlo
- Japanese Woodblock Prints Ukiyo-e With Snow And Winter
- Mary Cassatt’s Feminist Mural Which Has Gone Lost
- The Best of the Best Museums to Visit Virtually on Lockdown (Constantly Updated)
- 15 Artsy Books to Read During Self-Quarantine
- The Best Art Videos for the Age of Quarantine
- Living In The Shadow – Marie and Peder Severin Krøyer