Japan’s Art Island – NaoshimaJuly 23, 2019
Over the next year Japan will be hosting the Rugby World Cup and the 2020 Olympics, expecting visitors from all over the world. If you’re an art lover, who is also planning a trip to Japan, you should...
Autumn Moon In Japanese Woodblock PrintsSeptember 28, 2018
Anyone living in the Northern Hemisphere looked up in the sky in the past couple of days? I did, mostly to admire the full moon which brought to Venice the first cold winds, an obvious sign that summer...
All You Must Know About Japanese Erotic Art, Shunga (18+)February 16, 2017
“Ukiyo-e” pictures, pictures of the “floating world.” are famous among everyone interested in art history. Everyone knows Hokusai’s “The Great Wave of Kanagawa”. “Ukiyo-e” became also very popular among artists from the second half of the 19th century. With their...
Japanese Woodblock Prints Ukiyo-e With Snow And WinterDecember 21, 2016
Woodblock prints were initially used as early as the eighth century in Japan to disseminate texts, especially Buddhist scriptures In 1765, new technology made it possible to produce single-sheet prints in a whole range of colors. Woodblock printing had...
Hokusai’s (Thirty) Six Views of Mount FujiAugust 11, 2016
Everyone knows The Great Wave off Kanagawa, the print created by the Japanese ukiyo-e artist Katsushika Hokusai. But not everyone knows that The Great Wave comes from a series of forty six prints, depicting the views of Mount Fuji from different locations...
- Everything You Should Know About Orientalism
- How Many Paintings From Louvre Shown On This Video Can You Recognize?
- Top 7 Summer Destinations (From Art)
- Welcome to the Wonderful Circus of Dame Laura Knight!
- ALL Louvre Masterpieces From Beyonce & Jay-Z’s ‘APES**T’ Video Explained
- Representation vs Reality: Artists Portrayed in Midnight in Paris. Part I
- Abstraction In Creation – Watch Gerhard Richter At Work
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- 15 Must-See Art Exhibitions in 2020
- Pablo Picasso And His Women