The Dystopian Surrealism of Zdzislaw BeksinskiSeptember 11, 2019
There are many fans of gruesome and gore art who are attracted to the dystopian surrealism of Zdzisław Beksiński. After all, he created such a gothic, haunting and stressful ambience in his paintings, making it hard to look...
10 Most Famous Rayographs of Man RayAugust 27, 2019
Man Ray is one of the most famous artists of the 20th century and today is his birthday! On this occasion let’s have a look at his famous rayographs. There have been many articles and features about his...
Moving to Abstraction: Andreas Gursky’s RhineJuly 26, 2019
Andreas Gursky’s Rhine is an interesting piece that tells the transformation of a real-life picture into an abstract work of art. The move towards abstraction in painting has taken a long time ago, but it is not common...
Black Is Beautiful: Kwame Brathwaite at the Skirball CenterJune 15, 2019
Let’s play a game: pick up any magazine from a U.S. newsstand and count how many people of color are featured. Now try playing with a magazine from the 1950’s. Depending on which magazine you chose, the difference...
Alec Soth’s American Landscapes, Global InteriorsApril 13, 2019
Alec Soth is a contemporary American photographer who so far has specialized in capturing his native US. Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, he travelled across all states to meet and photograph Americans and their surroundings. In his latest publication,...
Lee Miller – Photographing the ExtremesMarch 12, 2019
Lee Miller (1907-1977) was a model, a fashion photographer, a war photographer, a muse and a gourmet cook. She lived the life to the fullest with all its bright and many dark sides. Always striving for independence and...
Carnivalesque Man Ray and His MasksJanuary 29, 2019
Since the carnival is officially on, I thought of writing an article about masks. The first artist that comes to mind if one says ‘masks’ is James Ensor, so if you feel like reading about eerie atmosphere and...
- Few Comments On Courbet’s Origin of the World
- The Dreaming Youths: A Children’s Book That Parents Would Hide From Their Kids
- 11 Things You Might Not Know About Leonardo Da Vinci
- A Glimpse of Maritime Life in the Past in 7 Artworks
- Made for Reflection: Yayoi Kusama’s Narcissus Garden
- Kandinsky’s Inspiration? Nature, Spirituality and Other Artists
- Rembrandt’s Light—Dulwich Picture Gallery
- Painting of the Week: Mary Cassatt, Little Girl in a Blue Armchair
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)