Paris Through the Lens of Early PhotographersFebruary 22, 2021
Paris is a centuries old city which witnessed many ground-breaking moments. One of them was the first photograph of a living human being ever taken! Inspired by this discovery, I’ll take you on a journey back in time,...
Nostalgic Futurism in the Photography of Mária ŠvarbováFebruary 15, 2021
Mária Švarbová is a talented, young, Slovakian, female photographer. She is known for her conceptual and minimalistic photographic series, immersed in a Socialist Modernist architecture and radiating an intimate atmosphere, ruled geometry, and color balance. The Swimming Pool...
Eli Rezkallah: I Created My Own Fantasy WorldFebruary 11, 2021
We all know the iconic lyrics for the James Brown song “It’s a Man’s Man’s World”. Since 1966 it reminds us that the world has always been of men, in the wake of an America in which being...
Best Photography Books – A Subjective ListJanuary 10, 2021
Like many of us, towards the end of 2020, I found myself mostly home-bound again and running out of ideas of what to do with myself. Being a bookworm I decided to explore the bookshelves of my family...
Andrés Marti: Every Experience Generates RootsNovember 23, 2020
According to Goethe, melancholy is a sense of sadness whose causes are unknown. Its symptoms are the only thing you are aware of, that’s why you end up intensely feeling the loss of something, but you don’t know...
Tina Modotti: Photographer Made RevolutionaryNovember 17, 2020
Her biography is a ready-made storyline for a movie (Hollywood, do you hear me?). In the end, how many of us are poor workers who make an acting career in Hollywood, who then become photographers who later turn...
Capturing Light: The Pioneers of Photography in FranceNovember 11, 2020
It all officially began in 1839 in two countries at once: in Britain, the British Royal Academy announced the discovery of a method of capturing images on paper by the action of light; in France, the government awarded...
- Mothers in Art: DailyArt’s Celebration of Mother’s Day
- Aubrey Beardsley: Sharp Blacks and Whites of the Victorian Era
- The Stunning Botanical Art of Barbara Regina Dietzsch
- 5 Swedish Pioneering Female Photographers You Should Get to Know
- Artemisia Gentileschi: The Rape Survivor And Her Revenge
- Wronged Royal Wives – British Scandal and Heartbreak Through the Centuries
- Janet Sobel: the Forgotten Female Artist Who Influenced Jackson Pollock
- Six Wives Of Henry VIII in Portraits
- Zdzisław Beksiński’s Passion for Music
- May the 4th Be with You—Archetypes in Star Wars and Art