Tina Modotti. A Woman of Her TimeSeptember 18, 2019
Tina Modotti is a photographer whose path parallels the great moments of 20th-century history. Her way of making art is a testimony to the world around her and her eye on it. Emigration to the States Tina Modotti...
The Dystopian Surrealism of Zdzislaw BeksinskiSeptember 11, 2019
There are many fans of gruesome and gore art who are attracted to the dystopian surrealism of Zdzisław Beksiński. After all, he created such a gothic, haunting and stressful ambience in his paintings, making it hard to look...
10 Most Famous Rayographs of Man RayAugust 27, 2019
Man Ray is one of the most famous artists of the 20th century and today is his birthday! On this occasion let’s have a look at his famous rayographs. There have been many articles and features about his...
Moving to Abstraction: Andreas Gursky’s RhineJuly 26, 2019
Andreas Gursky’s Rhine is an interesting piece that tells the transformation of a real-life picture into an abstract work of art. The move towards abstraction in painting has taken a long time ago, but it is not common...
Black Is Beautiful: Kwame Brathwaite at the Skirball CenterJune 15, 2019
Let’s play a game: pick up any magazine from a U.S. newsstand and count how many people of color are featured. Now try playing with a magazine from the 1950’s. Depending on which magazine you chose, the difference...
Alec Soth’s American Landscapes, Global InteriorsApril 13, 2019
Alec Soth is a contemporary American photographer who so far has specialized in capturing his native US. Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, he travelled across all states to meet and photograph Americans and their surroundings. In his latest publication,...
Lee Miller – Photographing the ExtremesMarch 12, 2019
Lee Miller (1907-1977) was a model, a fashion photographer, a war photographer, a muse and a gourmet cook. She lived the life to the fullest with all its bright and many dark sides. Always striving for independence and...
- How Many Paintings From Louvre Shown On This Video Can You Recognize?
- Everything You Should Know About Orientalism
- Top 7 Summer Destinations (From Art)
- Welcome to the Wonderful Circus of Dame Laura Knight!
- ALL Louvre Masterpieces From Beyonce & Jay-Z’s ‘APES**T’ Video Explained
- Representation vs Reality: Artists Portrayed in Midnight in Paris. Part I
- Abstraction In Creation – Watch Gerhard Richter At Work
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Pablo Picasso And His Women
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)