Gwen John in Post-Impressionist Paris: Interiors and IntrospectionFebruary 23, 2021
A glimpse into the life of the Welsh daughter who ran away to Paris to paint. Let us follow Gwen John in Post-Impressionist Paris. Gwendoline Mary John was born in Wales in 1876. A solicitor’s daughter who painted...
The Sad Story of Vincent van Gogh and His LoversFebruary 13, 2021
Vincent van Gogh’s love life was a really sad one. The list of the artist’s lovers is full of unsuccessful romances and rejections. This is the tragic story of Vincent van Gogh and his lovers, I’m really sorry...
Wagnerism in Art: Painting Music or Listening to PicturesJanuary 14, 2021
What is Wagnerism? There are perhaps no other cultural movements in the world that we have named after one person. Wagnerism was admiration for Wagner’s musical oeuvre, which originated in the second half of the 19th century. The...
Drama and Dynamism: George Seurat and the CircusJanuary 2, 2021
George Seurat, like many 19th century artists, loved the circus. In particular, he enjoyed watching the tumbling acrobats in bright costumes, a subject infused with drama and dynamism. Circuses were immensely popular in Paris. Indeed, due to growing...
Emma Amos: The Story of the Postmodernist African-American ArtistNovember 18, 2020
Emma Amos is a great example of how a female, black artist can effect change and become someone in a racist and sexist time. On May 20th, 2020, Amos left us at the age of 83. We want...
Post-Impressionism: Artists, Paintings, and Everything You Need to KnowSeptember 26, 2020
The term “Post-Impressionism” combines the oeuvre of many artists. In this article, we will tell you about four prominent masters who are most associated with the art movement – Vincent van Gogh, Paul Gauguin, Georges Seurat, and Paul...
Impressionism Features in Bombay Progressive Artists GroupSeptember 24, 2020
Progressive Artists Group (PAG) was an answer to the existing Indian institutional structure of exhibitions in the mid-20th century. It was a collective primarily formed by FN Souza, SH Raza, KH Ara, HA Gade, MF Hussain and Sadanand...
- 10 Times When Egon Schiele Mastered Hip Hop Hand Gestures
- How to Show Music in Paintings? Best Depictions of Music in Art
- 10 Female Artists Forgotten By Art History
- Painting of the Week: Claude Raguet Hirst, A Gentleman’s Table
- Mary Cassatt: The Story of the American Impressionist
- 10 Great Women Sculptors You Should Know
- The Top 10 Strange and Bizarre Paintings
- The Masterpiece of the Week: Fallingwater by Frank Lloyd Wright
- The Most Important Day! Wedding Inspiration in Art
- True Tips for a Happier Life from the Miniatures of Reza Abbasi