How British was Van Gogh?June 1, 2019
The exhibition Van Gogh and Britain at the Tate Britain brings together over 50 works by Vincent van Gogh to reveal how he was inspired by Britain and how he in turn inspired British artists. The starting point...
All Faces of František KupkaMay 27, 2019
First time I came across František Kupka’s work was in the Centre Pompidou and I thought: “Wow, he was such an interesting guy and I never heard about him before!”. Not much has changed since then, I still...
Painting of the Week: Vincent van Gogh, IrisesMarch 31, 2019
One year before his death on March 30th 1890, Vincent van Gogh chose to enter Saint Paul de Mausole, an asylum in Saint-Rémy, originally a 12th century Augustinian monastery. Isolation was what he wanted. There he created almost 130 paintings...
Intersection of Coffee and Creating: Coffee Shops and Their PurposeFebruary 5, 2019
The actual art of coffee making has steadily been growing for years. We have surpassed and moved past instant coffee, on to specialty coffee shops and their frozen and blended coffee drinks, hot chocolates, and sweet recipes, and now...
Paul Cézanne, The BathersJanuary 20, 2019
When little Paul was born on 19th January 1839 nobody could expect that he will revolutionize painting with developing a unique style and influence a whole generation of artists. Let’s have a look at one of Cézanne’s last...
Vincent van Gogh’s Last Painting?December 12, 2018
In July 1890, Vincent van Gogh painted one of his best-known artworks, Wheatfield with Crows. The painting is on display in The Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam, and has long been thought of as his last painting before committing...
The Sad Story Of Vincent Van Gogh And His LoversMarch 29, 2018
Vincent van Gogh’s love life was a really sad one. Here we have a look at the list of artist’s lovers which is full of unsuccessful romances and rejections. I’m really sorry that none of these stories will...
- Few Comments On Courbet’s Origin of the World
- The Dreaming Youths: A Children’s Book That Parents Would Hide From Their Kids
- 11 Things You Might Not Know About Leonardo Da Vinci
- A Glimpse of Maritime Life in the Past in 7 Artworks
- Made for Reflection: Yayoi Kusama’s Narcissus Garden
- Kandinsky’s Inspiration? Nature, Spirituality and Other Artists
- Rembrandt’s Light—Dulwich Picture Gallery
- Painting of the Week: Mary Cassatt, Little Girl in a Blue Armchair
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)