The Nabis 101July 19, 2019
Multiple times I’ve told myself while writing other articles: “I finally have to write about the Nabis!”. And still haven’t done so. Why, why, why, if they are one of my favourite groups? Hopefully they will become one...
Josef Šíma: from Czech Republic to ParisMay 9, 2019
Josef Šíma was born in Jaromer, in today’s Czech Republic in 1891, but he became a naturalized French citizen (he took the citizenship already in 1926). Although he spent most of his life in France, he never forgot...
Painting Norway – Harald Sohlberg at Dulwich Picture GalleryMarch 22, 2019
Meet Harald Sohlberg (1869-1935), the creator of the “National Painting of Norway”. He may not be as well-known outside of Norway as Edvard Munch, but he is certainly beloved there. Typically associated with Symbolism and Neo-romanticism, through his...
Gustave Moreau MuseumMarch 18, 2019
We all know that feeling of travelling back in time when we encounter a trace of our past, whether by finding an object from our childhood, a book with that unique smell that we leafed through a thousand...
Odilon Redon’s Noir World Of DarknessAugust 13, 2018
The Baloon-Eye. The Crying Spider. The Cactus Man, The Cyclops. This is not the casting list of creatures from some horror movie. These are the creatures created by the endlessly creative mind of Odilon Redon – the individualist...
Jewellery in Rossetti’s paintingsJanuary 26, 2018
Each jewellery in Rossetti’s paintings worn by his models wasn’t invented but copied from actual accessories from the artist’s collection. Pieces were carefully selected to complement the garment, color and other aesthetic features of the painting. Rossetti kept...
Women in Rossetti’s Life and ArtDecember 27, 2017
Anyone who is reminded of Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood will remember their style by the representation of a very particular type of women – the ones with angular facial features, prominent jawline, straight nose, voluminous hair – the type of...
- The Sad Story Of Vincent Van Gogh And His Lovers
- Painting of the Week: Nicolas Maes, Young Woman Peeling Apples
- Brief Story of Claude Monet’s Garden in Giverny
- Paula Modersohn-Becker: The Unknown Expressionist
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Jan Van Eyck
- My name is Sofonisba And I’m Michelangelo’s Gal
- The Sound Of Colour: Music Inspired By Visual Art – A Top 10
- The Mystery of Vincent Van Gogh’s Death
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- The Erotic Drawings of Francesco Hayez [+18]