Stories By Yasmin Ozkan
Are people on Respirators Really Thinking About Rembrandt? – Jim Dine on His Show at Galerie Templon, Personal Histories and the Role of Art in Crisis (or Not)May 19, 2020
As Galerie Templon wrap up a retrospective exhibition of his iconic prints, we interview Jim Dine. Jim Dine has occupied an individual position throughout his career, gaining acclaim without neatly fitting into a box. Since pioneering...
Girl Power: Six Online Exhibitions by Female Artists That You Can View from HomeMay 13, 2020
Although the art world may have slowed down recently, galleries and museums are making a conscious effort to provide alternative ways to experience works. While many institutions have virtually opened up their spaces and collections, commercial...
The Art of Domesticity: Art Inspired by the HomeApril 23, 2020
In times where we must spend more time at home than usual, we journey through art inspired by domestic life over the centuries. As the lockdown lifestyle continues to prevail for many of us, it is...
Léon Spilliaert: The Longing Behind the SymbolismApril 8, 2020
Whilst Belgian artist Léon Spilliaert’s first UK retrospective at London’s Royal Academy has been put on hold, we delve into his symbolist works and the longing behind them. When the rest of the city was sleeping,...
Bodies And Erotic Art
Whitechapel’s Radical Figures and the Famous Paintings that Inspired ThemMarch 18, 2020
In Whitechapel Gallery’s Radical Figures: Painting in the New Millennium, ten of today’s key figurative painters use historical art influences to tackle critical contemporary issues. Through a total of 40 canvases created over the last two decades, Cecily...
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- The Scandalous Nudes of Gustave Courbet
- Art on the Verge of Eroticism and Pathology by Egon Schiele
- Where is the Queen? Black Women in Western Art
- Symbolism In Victorian Art
- 5 Greatest Baroque Painters And Their Work
- Egon Schiele, Edith with Striped Dress, Sitting
- The Art of Adolf Hitler: Idyllic Paintings of a Monster
- Five Women Artists Whose Works Were Misattributed to Men
- The Story of Vincent van Gogh’s Bedroom And Its Three Versions