All posts tagged "Van Gogh Museum"
Painting of the Week: Kikukawa Eizan, The Courtesan Hinaaya of the Chōji HouseMay 24, 2020
Vincent and Theo van Gogh, the close-knit brothers, extensively collected Japanese Ukiyo-e prints. Van Gogh had...
Painting of the Week: Vincent van Gogh, Bridge in the Rain (after Hiroshige)May 10, 2020
In the mid 19th century, Japanese ports were suddenly opened up to international trade, and Europeans went...
- What Is a Tronie? Famous Examples of Tronies in Dutch and Flemish Baroque
- Fat Cat Art – Cat’s Guide to Classic Art
- The Dystopian Surrealism of Zdzislaw Beksinski
- Here’s the Scoop on the Frick Collection’s Upcoming Renovation
- Gustave Caillebotte’s Urban Intimacy
- What is a Wunderkammer? Best Cabinets of Curiosities
- Dachshunds in Art
- The Feminist Artists Whose Work Changed the World
- See a Man About a Dog: Dogs in Paintings
- VIPs… or VICs (Very Important Colors)? Iconic Hues in Art History