5 Positive Effects of Art on Mental HealthOctober 9, 2020
It is scientifically proven that art can have positive effects on our mental wellbeing and can help improve our mental health. But what is it about art that gives it the power to help us so? 1. Creativity...
4 Artists Who Suffered from Mental Illness (and How It Affected Their Art)October 6, 2020
The painter Vincent van Gogh is well-known for his artwork and for a particular aspect of his personal life: the post-impressionist spent some time in a psychiatric clinic. There, he produced works of art such as Starry Night...
We Are Showing Artists that We Believe in: Marlee Katz and Danielle Dewar on the New Tchotchke GalleryOctober 3, 2020
The founders discuss Tchotchke Gallery’s launch, its inclusive ethos, and how they came to grips with their artists’ quirks. While 2020 has been a year of upheaval, the launch of Tchotchke Gallery‘s inaugural show echoes a message of...
The Origin of the World and the Female GazeSeptember 28, 2020
It was Shakespeare who coined the phrase, “A rose by any other name would smell as sweet”. The premise rests on the notion that the rose’s inherent beauty and olfactory prowess would remain unchanged no matter what one...
Exploring the Boundaries of Creativity: Turning Data into ArtSeptember 20, 2020
Born and raised in Istanbul, Turkey, and now based in Los Angeles, California, media artist Refik Anadol turns data into pieces of art by using data science and artificial intelligence. He set off on his journey as a...
Beirut’s Art Scene: Before the Blast and NowSeptember 10, 2020
It was only three years ago, after a long civil war, that Beirut’s art scene began to find its feet. Despite ever-present political corruption, an unsteady economy, and rising inflation, the Mediterranean city has recently become a hot-spot...
Artists and Their MythsSeptember 7, 2020
Sometimes, the story that is attached to an artist is as important as their craft. Let’s take a look at artists and the myths that are related to them. Though many think of myth as a fictional story,...
- How Art Saved His Life: Story of Horace Pippin
- Edgar Degas and New Orleans’ Paintings
- 5 Impressionist Gossips Which Will Make You Feel They Staged a Soap Opera
- The Pornographic World of Egon Schiele’s Nudes (18+)
- 15 Things You May Not Know About The Night Watch by Rembrandt
- Ancient Bikini Girls from the Roman Mosaics
- Perseus and the Head of Medusa – A Very Florentine Story
- Clark Art Institute Highlights
- The Lost Portrait of Henry VIII: Art in Service of Power
- Art History 101: Self-Portraits You Should Know
- Roll up, Roll up, for the Greatest Show on Earth! Jeanne Mount and Her Circus Mosaics
- Painting of the Week: Rachel Ruysch, Vase with Flowers
- Elena Luksch-Makowsky: From St. Petersburg, through Vienna to Hamburg
- Mirror Mosaics and Monir Shahroudy Farmanfarmaian
- The Forgotten Couturier Elsa Schiaparelli: Surrealism, Art and Revolutionary Fashion