The Prismatic Glass Tiles of Frank Lloyd WrightJune 10, 2021
Early in his career, American architect Frank Lloyd Wright – the famous pioneer of the Prairie School style at the turn of the 20th century – experimented with a host of organic designs. He was a long way...
Discussing Design with the Arts and Crafts Movement’s Heir Dan MaierMay 6, 2021
Did you know that the Arts and Crafts Exhibition Society which was founded in 1887 by William Morris and Walter Crane is still thriving today? Currently known as the Society of Designer Craftsmen, it grew out of the...
Wiener Werkstätte: The Viennese Design Brand You’ve Always Dreamt OfMay 2, 2021
Heard of Bauhaus? Yes.Heard of De Stijl? Yes.Heard of Wiener Werkstätte? No. No?! That’s the problem: I hadn’t heard of Wiener Werkstätte either, even though they were the most fashionable and successful Viennese design brands ever. Why is that?...
How Italian Futurism Influenced FashionMarch 10, 2021
During the 20th century Italian Futurist artists, thinkers, and like-minded creators such as Balla, Depero, or Thayaht paid attention to fashion. They designed or produced works that sometimes couldn’t be worn but that could be considered as art...
19th Century Parisian Advertising Posters on the 21st Century WallsFebruary 25, 2021
Parisian advertising posters have proven to be an essential element of the retro aesthetic. Reminiscent of the lifestyle of its time, this form of visual expression tells the tale of society and its evolution. Vintage Parisian posters are...
Lygia Pape and Neo-Concretism: Art Is ExperienceDecember 27, 2020
Breaking with all the patterns of what had been art in Latin America up to then, Lygia Pape with Grupo Frente created a unique Brazilian artistic movement: Neo-concretism. Art is the manifestation of human history and man is the product...
Soviet Space Art. Posters of Propaganda and ProgressDecember 15, 2020
You can’t have an Astronomy and Art week without looking at some Soviet space posters! Here is a small selection of our favorites together with some tidbits about the beginnings of the Russian space program. Astronomical motifs first...
- Art from Horror Movies: Japanese Woodblocks of Tsukioka Yoshitoshi
- The Night — Ten Beautiful Nocturne Paintings
- Eyewitness to Space: The NASA Art Program
- 5 Best DailyArt Magazine Articles As Selected By Our Readers
- Cheer Me Up! 10 Funniest DailyArt Magazine Articles Ever
- Diego Rivera’s Life in Self-Portraits
- Pure Happiness, Fun, and Joy in Jan Steen’s Paintings
- Everything You Should Know About Islamic Art
- History of Medicine in Art. Collection of Artworks at Wellcome Library in London
- ALL Art from the BoJack Horseman Series Explained (Updated!)