Memphis Is Not in Fact a City but a Design GroupJanuary 18, 2019
Heard of Memphis? And I do not mean here the city in Tennessee or the ancient capital in Egypt, but an international group of designers and architects who one day met in Milan, Italy, to develop together New...
Mariano Fortuny – A Genius From VeniceJuly 14, 2018
Well, I lied. Mariano Fortuny y Madrazo was not originally from Venice, as he was born in Granada in 1871, a son of the painter also Mariano Fortuny. However, he is considered a naturalized Venetian as he spent...
See Alexander Calder’s Unique JewelleryJune 16, 2018
Alexnder Calder is one of my favorite sculptors, his mobiles are so light and simple and yet stunning with serene beauty. However, today I won’t write about them but about jewellery pieces he would make for his wife...
Pictures On My Wall – The Art Of Polish Film PostersMay 29, 2018
The emergence of the poster as a fresh, creative medium was a timely episode in an unfolding age of consumer expendability. In an era of conveyor belt duplication, the twentieth century became an epoch dominated by advertising imagery. During...
Architecture or Jewelry? Josef Hoffmann’s Modern BroochesApril 19, 2018
As long as our cities, our houses, our rooms, our cupboards, our everyday appliances, our clothes, our jewels, as long as our language and feelings do not represent the spirit of our age in a purer, simpler and...
This Apple Store in Vienna Is Better Than Others- See WhyMarch 2, 2018
Just last week, on February 24, Apple unveiled its first retail store in Austria and you can find it on Kärntner Straße, Vienna’s famous high street. As a technological troglodyte, I wouldn’t even notice this important event if...
WW: The Viennese Design Brand You’ve Always Dreamt OfFebruary 28, 2018
Heard of Bauhaus? Yes. Heard of De Stijl? Yes. Heard of Wiener Werkstätte? No. No?! That’s the problem: I haven’t heard of WW either, even though they were the most fashionable and successful Viennese design brands ever. Why is...
- Evoking The Genius Of Brancusi At The Museum Of Modern Art In New York
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Tarsila do Amaral: Joy Is the Decisive Test
- It’s Not Always What It Seems: The Fabulous Inventions of Panamarenko
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Lee Krasner and the Art of Starting Over
- Painting of the Week: Masaccio, The Tribute Money
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- Greek Mythological Creatures That Combine Female Beauty And Beastly Ugliness
- Frida Kahlo And The Symbolism In Her Art