Voyage Cinétique II – Kinetic Art on the RunwayFebruary 18, 2019
Transforming a woman’s body into a piece of art, the Venezuelan Oscar Carvallo introduced 35 outfits with prints, textures, cuts and details created from six works made by another Venezuelan artist, Carlos Cruz-Diez for the collection Voyage Cinétique...
The Practical Side of Modernism – Aino Marsio-AaltoJanuary 28, 2019
Aino Marsio-Aalto was a Finnish architect and designer, she was also the wife of Alvar Aalto, which is why you may not have heard about her. They worked very closely together, to a point where now it is...
Bauhaus Turns 100! Yahoo! This is your celebration!January 25, 2019
As one of my fav bands Kool&The Gang sings in their hit Celebration, I want to “celebrate good times” of Bauhaus in “a celebration to last throughout the years/ So bring your good times, and your laughter too/We...
Memphis Is Not in Fact a City but a Design GroupJanuary 18, 2019
Heard of Memphis? And I do not mean here the city in Tennessee or the ancient capital in Egypt, but an international group of designers and architects who one day met in Milan, Italy, to develop together New...
Mariano Fortuny – A Genius From VeniceJuly 14, 2018
Well, I lied. Mariano Fortuny y Madrazo was not originally from Venice, as he was born in Granada in 1871, a son of the painter also Mariano Fortuny. However, he is considered a naturalized Venetian as he spent...
See Alexander Calder’s Unique JewelleryJune 16, 2018
Alexnder Calder is one of my favorite sculptors, his mobiles are so light and simple and yet stunning with serene beauty. However, today I won’t write about them but about jewellery pieces he would make for his wife...
Pictures On My Wall – The Art Of Polish Film PostersMay 29, 2018
The emergence of the poster as a fresh, creative medium was a timely episode in an unfolding age of consumer expendability. In an era of conveyor belt duplication, the twentieth century became an epoch dominated by advertising imagery. During...
- The Black And White World Of Felix Vallotton’s Prints
- Kandinsky’s World of Russian Fairy Tales
- Autumn Moon In Japanese Woodblock Prints
- The Hudson River School: Celebrating Nature, American-Style
- When Romanticism Meets Eruptions: Volcanoes in Paintings
- The Best of Leda And A Swan Paintings
- Painting of the Week: Giotto, Ognissanti Madonna
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Open to Influences – Arthur Hacker and his Mary with Many Qualities