Sketchbook Project Invites Worldwide ParticipationJuly 25, 2019
New York City is home to some of the most prestigious art organizations in the world. Artists work and dream for years to reach the halls of the MoMA, the Whitney, and the Met – and for countless...
Voyage Cinétique II – Kinetic Art on the RunwayFebruary 18, 2019
Transforming a woman’s body into a piece of art, the Venezuelan Oscar Carvallo introduced 35 outfits with prints, textures, cuts and details created from six works made by another Venezuelan artist, Carlos Cruz-Diez for the collection Voyage Cinétique...
The Practical Side of Modernism – Aino Marsio-AaltoJanuary 28, 2019
Aino Marsio-Aalto was a Finnish architect and designer, she was also the wife of Alvar Aalto, which is why you may not have heard about her. They worked very closely together, to a point where now it is...
Bauhaus Turns 100! Yahoo! This is your celebration!January 25, 2019
As one of my fav bands Kool&The Gang sings in their hit Celebration, I want to “celebrate good times” of Bauhaus in “a celebration to last throughout the years/ So bring your good times, and your laughter too/We...
Memphis Is Not in Fact a City but a Design GroupJanuary 18, 2019
Heard of Memphis? And I do not mean here the city in Tennessee or the ancient capital in Egypt, but an international group of designers and architects who one day met in Milan, Italy, to develop together New...
Mariano Fortuny – A Genius From VeniceJuly 14, 2018
Well, I lied. Mariano Fortuny y Madrazo was not originally from Venice, as he was born in Granada in 1871, a son of the painter also Mariano Fortuny. However, he is considered a naturalized Venetian as he spent...
See Alexander Calder’s Unique JewelleryJune 16, 2018
Alexnder Calder is one of my favorite sculptors, his mobiles are so light and simple and yet stunning with serene beauty. However, today I won’t write about them but about jewellery pieces he would make for his wife...
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- 10 Best Movies Related to Art for Time Spent in Quarantine
- 10 Art Masterpieces to Calm Your Anxiety
- Amrita Sher-Gil – The India’s Frida Kahlo
- Japanese Woodblock Prints Ukiyo-e With Snow And Winter
- Mary Cassatt’s Feminist Mural Which Has Gone Lost
- The Best of the Best Museums to Visit Virtually on Lockdown (Constantly Updated)
- 15 Artsy Books to Read During Self-Quarantine
- Living In The Shadow – Marie and Peder Severin Krøyer
- The Best Art Videos for the Age of Quarantine