Stories By Geoffrey Bunting
Tōkyō Thrift – Japonisme and the Japanese BauhausAugust 29, 2021
The historical narrative of Modernism is overwhelmingly western. However, the history of the movement is, in reality, one of constant diffusion between the East and West; between Europe and Japan. It is an area of study...
Frauhaus: Gunta Stölzl, Walter Gropius, and the Women of the BauhausSeptember 26, 2019
The women of the Bauhaus, attracted to the school by a lie, were marginalised by its male masters and forced into a single workshop. Under the leadership of Gunta Stölzl, they turned the weaving workshop into...
The Last Craftsman. Exploring Henry van de Velde and the Passage of ModernismAugust 30, 2019
Until 1972, the Museen zu Berlin exhibited, among other things, a teapot and its accompanying set. From above, the teapot is around 22 centimetres long, 13,5 centimetres wide, and 13 centimetres tall. Its chrome finish gives...
- The Summer Feels So Far Away! – Ten Beaches in Art
- How to Show Music in Paintings? Best Depictions of Music in Art
- Gustav Klimt’s Lost and Found Viennese Beauty – Lady with Fan
- Alphonse Mucha: Art Nouveau Visionary at North Carolina Museum of Art
- Paintings in the Movie “The Accountant”
- Everything You Must Know About All Michelangelo’s Pietàs
- Met Gala: When Art Meets High Fashion on the Beige Carpet (2021 Update!)
- CHEAP: When Art Meets Activism – Interview with the Co-founder Sara Manfredi
- AI in Art: What Does It Mean?
- A Unique Artist Encounter: When Ara Güler Met Pablo Picasso