Stories By Geoffrey Bunting
Frauhaus: Gunta Stölzl, Walter Gropius, and the Women of the BauhausSeptember 26, 2019
The women of the Bauhaus, attracted to the school by a lie, were marginalised by its male masters and forced into a single workshop. Under the leadership of Gunta Stölzl, they turned the weaving workshop into...
The Last Craftsman. Exploring Henry van de Velde and the Passage of ModernismAugust 30, 2019
Until 1972, the Museen zu Berlin exhibited, among other things, a teapot and its accompanying set. From above, the teapot is around 22 centimetres long, 13,5 centimetres wide, and 13 centimetres tall. Its chrome finish gives...
- Julie Manet – the Beauty of Impressionism
- The Dystopian Surrealism of Zdzislaw Beksinski
- The Gift of Pomona – Pears in Art
- Aftermath: Art in the Wake of World War One
- Representation vs Reality: Artists Portrayed in Midnight in Paris. Part I
- Mantegna and Bellini – Brothers in Art?
- 15 Must-See Art Exhibitions in 2020
- The Festival of Diwali Through Art
- Everything You Should Know About Orientalism
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)