Stories By Geoffrey Bunting
Frauhaus: Gunta Stölzl, Walter Gropius, and the Women of the BauhausSeptember 26, 2019
The women of the Bauhaus, attracted to the school by a lie, were marginalised by its male masters and forced into a single workshop. Under the leadership of Gunta Stölzl, they turned the weaving workshop into...
The Last Craftsman. Exploring Henry van de Velde and the Passage of ModernismAugust 30, 2019
Until 1972, the Museen zu Berlin exhibited, among other things, a teapot and its accompanying set. From above, the teapot is around 22 centimetres long, 13,5 centimetres wide, and 13 centimetres tall. Its chrome finish gives...
- 5 Paintings By Piet Mondrian You Wouldn’t Believe Were His
- 15 Cats in Art History Every Cat Lover Would Love
- Artemisia Gentileschi: The Rape Survivor And Her Revenge
- Painting of the Week: Claude Monet, Meules
- 6 Rooms from Famous Paintings Brought to Real Life
- Rembrandt And His Saddest Love Story
- The Great Art Robbery…Foiled
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Remembrance Day Poppies in Painting