Stories By Geoffrey Bunting
Tōkyō Thrift – Japonisme and the Japanese BauhausSeptember 30, 2020
The historical narrative of Modernism is overwhelmingly western. However, the history of the movement is, in reality, one of constant diffusion between the East and West; between Europe and Japan. It is an area of study...
Frauhaus: Gunta Stölzl, Walter Gropius, and the Women of the BauhausSeptember 26, 2019
The women of the Bauhaus, attracted to the school by a lie, were marginalised by its male masters and forced into a single workshop. Under the leadership of Gunta Stölzl, they turned the weaving workshop into...
The Last Craftsman. Exploring Henry van de Velde and the Passage of ModernismAugust 30, 2019
Until 1972, the Museen zu Berlin exhibited, among other things, a teapot and its accompanying set. From above, the teapot is around 22 centimetres long, 13,5 centimetres wide, and 13 centimetres tall. Its chrome finish gives...
- These 4 Cutest Joshua Reynolds’ Children Will Make You Miss Childhood
- I love you, Pumpkin!
- The Most Beautiful Gardens in Art
- The Scary Dr. Caligari: German Expressionism and Horror Movies
- Venice In The Eyes Of Claude Monet
- 10 National Museum in Warsaw Highlights You Need to Know
- Vermeer’s Desperate Housewives
- Plague in Art: 10 Paintings You Should Know in the Times of Coronavirus
- 10 of the Most Famous Female Artist Self-Portraits
- 4 Artists Who Suffered from Mental Illness (and How It Affected Their Art)