How Roman Opałka Envisioned InfinityJanuary 5, 2021
In 1965, the French-born, Polish painter Roman Opałka came to an important decision. While sitting at the Café Bristol in Warsaw waiting for his wife to arrive, an idea came into his mind, and he began to paint...
Arte Povera: Aesthetics of the OrdinaryDecember 29, 2020
In memory of the recently deceased world-famous Italian art critic Germano Celant, who himself in 1967 invented the term Arte Povera, translated as “Poor Art”, we would like to present to you the most important and notable artists...
10 Masterpieces for Boosting Good Feng Shui in Your HouseDecember 12, 2020
Feng shui is a millenary art which focuses on the flow of energy. It is most of the time related to furniture and decoration, in ancient times it was a very popular activity. Here we have chosen ten masterpieces...
Dreams That Money Can Buy? Dadaist Cinema at Its BestNovember 30, 2020
Dreams that Money Can Buy (1947) is a Dadaist portmanteau movie, an unknown cinematographic masterpiece combining surrealistic and experimental elements. It was produced by Peggy Guggenheim and directed by German avant-garde painter and dada film-theorist Hans Richter, who...
Maya Deren: Experimental Filmmaker and Voodoo PriestessNovember 30, 2020
Maya Deren (1917-1961) was an experimental filmmaker hailed as a leading pioneer of avant-garde cinema. She was also a writer, poet, photographer, ethnographer and dancer. Her poetic and surreal, 16 mm films layered dreams and realities together with...
Coca-Cola and the Explosive Art of Cildo MeirelesNovember 25, 2020
Protest Art is challenging and controversial. Political protest requires a focus, and protest art gives us a public space where we can have a conversation, with the artist and with each other. Truly great artists reflect back at...
Escape to Dia Beacon, New YorkNovember 3, 2020
The Dia Art Fountain in Beacon, New York was permitted to welcome visitors back in August, several weeks ahead of museums in New York City. Timed ticketed entry to minimize the traffic inside the gallery spaces, the enforcement...
- Mothers in Art: DailyArt’s Celebration of Mother’s Day
- Aubrey Beardsley: Sharp Blacks and Whites of the Victorian Era
- The Stunning Botanical Art of Barbara Regina Dietzsch
- 5 Swedish Pioneering Female Photographers You Should Get to Know
- Artemisia Gentileschi: The Rape Survivor And Her Revenge
- Wronged Royal Wives – British Scandal and Heartbreak Through the Centuries
- Janet Sobel: the Forgotten Female Artist Who Influenced Jackson Pollock
- Six Wives Of Henry VIII in Portraits
- Zdzisław Beksiński’s Passion for Music
- May the 4th Be with You—Archetypes in Star Wars and Art