10 Things You Should Know About the Pre-RaphaelitesJune 16, 2020
Just about all of us have a tiny inkling about Impressionism, the Renaissance, maybe even Expressionism and what makes each movement different from the other. However, when it comes to the Pre-Raphaelites most people, including myself, would have...
William Waterhouse’s Love for CirceMay 21, 2020
Circe is one of the fascinating characters in Homer’s epic poem the Odyssey. Due to her complex and unconventional nature, many painters have attempted to portray her in their own unique ways throughout history. Yet, there was one...
Crowning the May Queen in ArtMay 13, 2020
The May Queen is the personification of springtime. Crowned with fresh flowers, she leads her people to the Maypole for fun and frolicking. A maiden represents the fruitful bounty of the coming year, at the moment that Spring...
Negligee Fashion: Top 5 Gorgeous Homewear Outfits in ArtMay 8, 2020
Due to quarantine, homewear fashion is popular once again. But don’t think that boudoir fashion was unpopular before this. As art shows, from the second part of the mid 18th century, negligee fashion becomes mainstream! Because dressing up...
Florence Welch – Perfect Model for the Pre-Raphaelite BrotherhoodApril 25, 2020
We all know Florence Welch, the leader of indie-rock band Florence+the machine. And if you don’t, I suggest you find her cosmic music right now and open a whole new amazing world! Florence herself seems to descend to...
The Art of Domesticity: Art Inspired by the HomeApril 23, 2020
In times where we must spend more time at home than usual, we journey through art inspired by domestic life over the centuries. As the lockdown lifestyle continues to prevail for many of us, it is easy to...
Victorian Feminists and Their Supernatural PowersApril 20, 2020
The Victorian feminists in nineteenth-century England paved the way for the women’s movement across the world. The ‘New Woman’, as she was called, demanded social equality, economic independence and the right to education. However, many people (both men...
- Coffee, Tea, Beer… Drinks in Art for All Tastes!
- 10 Best Portraits Of Édouard Manet
- The Orientalism of Eugène Delacroix – Beware of the Colors!
- Here Comes the Sun… Sunrises for Hope in Art
- Lesbian Love and Sex in Art History
- Ardhanarishvara – Androgynous Portrayal of Shiva and Parvati
- Artists’ Beloved Travel Destinations as Seen Through Their Art
- Cute Babies in Art: From Rubens to Cassatt
- Julia Margaret Cameron. The Queen of Pre-Raphaelite Photography
- A Capri Romance: John Singer Sargent and Rosina Fererra